1.    #1  
    I had the white screen text problem so I replaced the files like one poster suggested which worked and when i went to reboot it wouldnt turn back on =( i dont know what to do it wont turn on i keep trying and holding the power button i tried taking out the battery idk what to do help please
    It won't power on at all? Hmmm... you might have to do a factory restore using webos doctor. Please look at my sig for the link to webos doctor and the instructions on how to use it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    webosdoctor wont even boot it up, i plugged it into my comp and nothing happens, the phone wont turn on at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian_Rucci View Post
    webosdoctor wont even boot it up, i plugged it into my comp and nothing happens, the phone wont turn on at all
    Make sure you follow the instructions exactly ls I have linked to in my sig:

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    thank you im trying this now
    Are you 100% sure your battery is charged. The description you're giving soundslike a low battery. You might recharge it for 30 minutes and thry turning it on again.
  7.    #7  
    no my battery is at 93 percent, this happened just as i rebooted my phone
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Isn't there a sequence to boot the Pre into USB mode? Hold the volume up key while plugging it in or something?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Isn't there a sequence to boot the Pre into USB mode? Hold the volume up key while plugging it in or something?
    yeah I got it all worked out and fixed now thanks for posting tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian_Rucci View Post
    yeah I got it all worked out and fixed now thanks for posting tho
    Glad to hear that. However, can you please post your experiences so that other users who may have a similar problem can find this thread and also gain help...

11.    #11  
    okay here's a little tidbit for everyone!

I was exchanging the files from webos back up to my phone and the phone shut off and would not power up

So I plugged my phone into the wall without a batter, and held the volume up button
    Than I inserted the battery and let go of the power button and sure as hell the phone booted up

So if you have a similar experiences don't panic try plugging in your phone without the battery and than switching it in!