1.    #1  
    I don't want to screw this up!!! I've read most of the posts...is there anything else I should know??

btw- plan on using it with Seido Innocase. Both arriving later in the week.

Any tips are appreciated!
    cut off tabs after you put the skin on ,in order to fit the innocase
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    keep fingers real wet when applying the skin . enjoy nice clean crisp screen when it finally seals up or drys up whatever you call it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    keeping fingers wet is a must.

also, a tiny bit of soap in the water helps a lot (I can't remember if the instructions say to do that or not)

lastly, don't worry so much about bubbles. even huge ones. just make sure everything is nice and smooth, and they go away after a day or two.

the most important thing, is the corners. do not skimp here, otherwise they will peel up. press and hold the corner into the palm of your hand and hold it there for about 20-30 seconds. you will have to do this along the entire edge of the phone, and it will help dramatically. if the edge is properly done, you can barely tell the skin is even there.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    keeping fingers wet is a must.

also, a tiny bit of soap in the water helps a lot (I can't remember if the instructions say to do that or not)

lastly, don't worry so much about bubbles. even huge ones. just make sure everything is nice and smooth, and they go away after a day or two.

the most important thing, is the corners. do not skimp here, otherwise they will peel up. press and hold the corner into the palm of your hand and hold it there for about 20-30 seconds. you will have to do this along the entire edge of the phone, and it will help dramatically. if the edge is properly done, you can barely tell the skin is even there.
    what kinda of soap, and do you put it in the water or on your hands??
    My biggest recommendations would be to use lots of liquid early on when applying to the screen. Helps make a smooth surface with no air bubbles; but, use a hair dryer (with no heat) to dry the corners before applying them.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiPalm View Post
    what kinda of soap, and do you put it in the water or on your hands??
    a tiny drop of soap into the water. I used lever 2000 liquid soap, and it worked just fine.
  8. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    take your time
  9.    #9  
    What's the best way to clean the screen just prior to the application? I'm thinking little water and some form of lintless rag (something like the pouch that came with the phone).

I've also read to keep the USB door open during installation. Recommended?

Any other tidbits of info that I probably wouldn't think about??

I've never applied one of these skins to a phone and want my first time to go as smoothly as possible...I'm a phone-skin vrigin (I guess).
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i would keep the usb door closed to keep water from getting in to it. just take your time and you will be fine. oh and line up the holes for the speaker and home button first before you start to squeegee the water out. i installed mine about a week ago and love it so far. my boss who is constantly playing with my pre couldn't even tell i put one on until i told him. i actually like the way the phone feels now as opposed to not having the skin on it.
  11.    #11  
    Just wanted to thank all for their advice on the Phantom Skinz ...it looks great...Kinda like how it feels better than the original screen. The seido innocase is pretty sweet too. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND both products for your Pre.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    How did you guys avoid getting any of the warm water INSIDE (i.e. through ear piece, speaker, home button on gesture area, etc) of your Pre? I'm thinking of the step where you use the application tool to squeeze out any excess water.

How did you stop water getting to the internals?
    Any tips?
    Have a paper towel handy to quickly get the water. But before that, shake off most of the water. Also, don't go crazy on the squeegee. If you press at full force you'll probably create stretch lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    How did you guys avoid getting any of the warm water INSIDE (i.e. through ear piece, speaker, home button on gesture area, etc) of your Pre? I'm thinking of the step where you use the application tool to squeeze out any excess water.

How did you stop water getting to the internals?
    Any tips?
    that's why it's recommended to do the install with the phone off and then leave it off for hours afterwards.

water doesn't hurt electronics unless there is a current and only then it's because of the hard elements in the water, not the liquid itself.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    that's why it's recommended to do the install with the phone off and then leave it off for hours afterwards.

water doesn't hurt electronics unless there is a current and only then it's because of the hard elements in the water, not the liquid itself.
    I would've thought the water WOULD effect the electronics even if the phone was off, no? i.e. once a chip or wire or conductive contacts or PCB gets wet/damp then the 'hard elements' [if that's what it is and not the liquid] must still lurk on the surface....

If your phone is off and you splash water onto/into it, it's not going to work when turned on... or is it?

EDIT: It doesn't seem like thats the reason for leaving the phone off, according to the makers:

Q: Do I really need to have my device turned off for 24 hours after installation?
    A: It is really up to you. Keeping your PED off for a complete 24 hours will ensure that all moisture from the installation has evaporated and any "cloudy" look has disappeared. In some climates it may take additional time for the film to become totally clear. Realistically, leaving your phone off a couple hours should be fine, although you will want to be careful with it for the first 24 hours.

It doesn't seem to have been an issue for most on the forum but I just wondered how people avoided it in the first place. I just don't want to be squeezing water out and it get inside the phone, be it through the gap for the slider mechanism or some of the 'holes' , e.g. home button, loud speaker, ear piece, etc.
    Last edited by c_man; 12/12/2009 at 12:10 PM.
    As long as you take your time - you should be fine. I set aside an hour to do it, but I'm just anal like that. Once it's on though, most people don't know it's even there. I have the clear protector on mine, front and back.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    I would've thought the water WOULD effect the electronics even if the phone was off, no? i.e. once a chip or wire or conductive contacts or PCB gets wet/damp then the 'hard elements' [if that's what it is and not the liquid] must still lurk on the surface....

If your phone is off and you splash water onto/into it, it's not going to work when turned on... or is it?

EDIT: It doesn't seem like thats the reason for leaving the phone off, according to the makers:

Q: Do I really need to have my device turned off for 24 hours after installation?
    A: It is really up to you. Keeping your PED off for a complete 24 hours will ensure that all moisture from the installation has evaporated and any "cloudy" look has disappeared. In some climates it may take additional time for the film to become totally clear. Realistically, leaving your phone off a couple hours should be fine, although you will want to be careful with it for the first 24 hours.

It doesn't seem to have been an issue for most on the forum but I just wondered how people avoided it in the first place. I just don't want to be squeezing water out and it get inside the phone, be it through the gap for the slider mechanism or some of the 'holes' , e.g. home button, loud speaker, ear piece, etc.
    once water dries/evaporates, it's a non-issue.