Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I still believe all of my comments regarding the pre should be considered just constructive criticism. However I must give credit were credit is due. If the features included in 1.2 are true a lot of my biggest grips will be resolved. Full copy/paste, expanded universal search, vcard transfers, and web browser improvements will make the pre a tough phone to beat. With flash and possibly docs2go arriving in oct I will be a real happy customer. Other than that I would hope bluetooth file transfers, empty trashcan (without rooting) and an improved calendar specifically an agenda view and month view (when changing an event) are on the horizon. Oh and tasks that have time reminders.

    I just wish that the stuff in 1.2 was included at launch. Or the pre was released now with 1.2. IMHO it would have prevented a lot of the negative press and would have kept ppl from returning the pre. I believe sprint was giddy over all the positive reviews for the pre when it was announced that they wanted it out as soon as possible (ala the sprint 1.2 announcement). Palm caved in reluctantly and now are scrambling to make up lost ground. The updates are coming fast. And with app catalog going to pay Palm's future is bright. I remember it took HTC 7 months to enable GPS on my HTC touch.
  2. #2  
    I was also impressed with the changes noticed in the interim "leaked" WebzOS 1.2. Let's just keep in mind that we have no idea when this update will be finished being ready. We all should keep our expectations low until it is out. Remember the saying about a watched pot never boiling. Anyway, I hear you on wishing the Pre originally shipped with 1.2 but I'm happier to have had the device earlier so I could get more ramped up on what it is about!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  3. #3  
    you did know that using webos QI is not rooting your phone right???
    its basically an app and thats it , someone had to root in order for it to be made but thats it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. #4  
    I think if Palm or Sprint had waited this long to release the Pre, Palm would be out of business, or well on their way.
  5. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think if Palm or Sprint had waited this long to release the Pre, Palm would be out of business, or well on their way.
    Precisely. Taking into consideration the interview I read about Rubinstein, he over-ramped production from the typical 18 month development process to 15 months. And this was building from scrap. All old projects were tossed. This would fit with beginning to get the biggest total bang for your buck three months after launch.

    The key for Palm's survival was to get it out there in a form not merely good enough to be a decent smart phone, but still without the polishing, an excellent competitive smart phone.

    I suspect the Pre will be the gift that keeps on giving. You need good bones and brains to build an extraordinarily beautiful body and mind on. However, once the neural synapses are connected, they keep building new ones. The best is yet to come.
  6. #6  
    To the op, really? you figured this out just now this is a 1.0 product and all these updates were forthcoming. I'm glad you and many others like you feel a bit foolish.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    To the op, really? you figured this out just now this is a 1.0 product and all these updates were forthcoming. I'm glad you and many others like you feel a bit foolish.
    Huh? Where did that comment come from? Foolish would be taking anything you say seriously. As of right now nothing has been official confirmed by Palm. So if 1.2 is minor tweaks (i.e. Facebook, google updates) then a lot of people would be disappointed. Please get it out your head that this is Palm's first time at the dance. This is nothing different than any other 10yr old company creating a new product.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Huh? Where did that comment come from? Foolish would be taking anything you say seriously. As of right now nothing has been official confirmed by Palm. So if 1.2 is minor tweaks (i.e. Facebook, google updates) then a lot of people would be disappointed. Please get it out your head that this is Palm's first time at the dance. This is nothing different than any other 10yr old company creating a new product.
    wrong, You felt foolish for being impatient about a 4 month old brand new OS not having what some consider requisite features.
    And now you finally feel good about the Pre because updates are coming, meaningful ones. Well guess what? Palm gave us every indication from week one that this was going to be a constantly updated platform.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Huh? Where did that comment come from? Foolish would be taking anything you say seriously. As of right now nothing has been official confirmed by Palm. So if 1.2 is minor tweaks (i.e. Facebook, google updates) then a lot of people would be disappointed. Please get it out your head that this is Palm's first time at the dance. This is nothing different than any other 10yr old company creating a new product.
    I disagree simply because the Pre represents such a large break with the past and a such a tremendous revival for a company which many regarded as dead or near dead. I don't think that anyone expected anything like the Pre to come from Palm and the fact that they got it out the door at all is amazing. The fact that they are continuing to update and support it is profoundly satisfying.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    wrong, You felt foolish for being impatient about a 4 month old brand new OS not having what some consider requisite features.
    And now you finally feel good about the Pre because updates are coming, meaningful ones. Well guess what? Palm gave us every indication from week one that this was going to be a constantly updated platform.
    You have to consider that Palm's track record as far as supporting their devices was pretty uneven before the Pre. While they had been getting better in terms of support with the Centro, there are still many bitter ex-users who swore off Palm when they were unable (or unwilling) to fix many of the bugs in the Treo 700p. So while I can understand that Palm had promised that it would be constantly updating the Pre, I can also understand why long-time Palm users might have felt wary of trusting Palm's ability to keep that promise.

Posting Permissions