1.    #1  
    So I am probably going to get a Pre from Bell probably this weekend. I checked it on Bell's website, and noticed something strange.

I noticed right under the 3 years* from 199.95 there was "*Pricing details." So I checked this out, and the last sentence is odd.

It says "Offer ends September 30th, 2009."

So this makes me think that the Palm Pre is going to cost more (or possibly less) in Canada after the 30th...

I went to a bell store to check the Pre out a couple of days ago, and I started to get everything sorted out so I can go in and out (with my Pre) quick sometime this week (when I had the cash ). Now I'm not sure if I should wait and see what happens, or get it ASAP in case of price rise or 5 year contract or whatever...

Heres a pic:
    img269.*imageshack*.us*/img269/9408/waitwhatm.png
    (Just get rid of the *'s)

Does anyone have some insight on this?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Considering the price DROPS in the US, I very seriously doubt Bell is going to jack up rates.

If anything I would wait a few weeks and see if you can get it cheaper.
    I'm waiting. Actually I'm waiting for a GSM version, but I'd grab a Bell version if it was cheap enough.
    shoot if you get one here in usa you can get it free right this min ,of course that is two 100 mail in rebates but still lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    shoot if you get one here in usa you can get it free right this min ,of course that is two 100 mail in rebates but still lol
    Grrr... you don't need to rub it in.... j/k...

If I was in the states I would buy one RIGHT THIS MINUTE. Seriously. I'm not kidding.
    I would get in my car, drive to the nearest 24 hour WalMart and buy.

As a proud Canadian, I don't often say this but right now "I wish I was American"...
    Now excuse me as I go play some hockey, sing the the National anthem and hug a maple tree...

But seriously
    I HATE the communication industry here in Canada.
    I know you guys tend to ***** about it in the US, but we have only 2 networks up here.
    We have Rogers (GSM) and Bell/Telus. (CDMA) That's it. Since there's no real competition both sides just screw us over as best they can. ARGHHH!!!!

Sorry, I just tend to rant when I think about it too much.

We actually have several different "carriers" but since there's only two physical networks, everyone else is just a small local company leasing bandwith.
    Last edited by smnc; 09/27/2009 at 10:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Here it is, October 3rd. Bell.ca still lists the pricing plan ending on September 30th. The suspense is killing me...
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Just to let you guys know the price of the PRE for Bell isn't going anywhere for the next month or so. It will stay at the 199.99 price.