1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried this ? Is it any good ?

IM+ for Skype :: Palm WebOS :: Products
    if it had video along with it i would use it lol, but unless you need too talk with someone over seas i see no need to pay for this app.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Its not an actual application. Just a web app that uses browser interface to call skype contacts through shape services servers and then call your phone back via regular minutes. Pretty lame in my opinion actually...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    I thought maybe people that get poor signal in there home could maybe use it. I get bad signal in mine and would maybe use.
    maybe you should push sprint into giving you a free airwave or whatever they call it just complain about poor signal ,it may work for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    maybe you should push sprint into giving you a free airwave or whatever they call it just complain about poor signal ,it may work for you
    I have tried several times they say my area is in ( prime signal ) area. Blah
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I've been a fan of Shape for a long time, and have several of their apps for the BBs I've owned in the past. That said, they should have waited on the Skype app, because the thing they released blows. I bought it immediately because I use Skype extensively at work, but this app is pretty useless even when a good wifi connection is available.

I have an airwave at home (not that it would help in this particular circumstance), and good signal just about everywhere else.

I just hope that when a real app comes along that I can get a credit towards it because I got the web app.
    hell ya!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    I've been a fan of Shape for a long time, and have several of their apps for the BBs I've owned in the past. That said, they should have waited on the Skype app, because the thing they released blows. I bought it immediately because I use Skype extensively at work, but this app is pretty useless even when a good wifi connection is available.

I have an airwave at home (not that it would help in this particular circumstance), and good signal just about everywhere else.

I just hope that when a real app comes along that I can get a credit towards it because I got the web app.

Thanks for the reply I wanted to know before I bought !!
    Seems to me, this app would be useful for IM with other Skype users, not so much for voice calls. For the latter, you can use SkypeOut service just by dialing a local number. If I'm traveling abroad, I use an unlocked GSM phone with a GPRS SIM card.