Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    So, I've had this problem happen 3 times now, and I can't figure it out.

Randomly, my phone will go into this mode where I can't hear anything on the other end when I call someone. Apparently, whoever I'm calling (or is calling me) can hear me just fine, but I can't hear them at all. This same holds true for voicemail, I can't hear the lady talking when I call my voicemail...

I have noticed that when this happens, the little button the left that normally says "Speaker" and has a picture of a telephone, still says "Speaker", but instead has an image of a set of headphones.

I haven't found anyway to correct this issue aside from restarting my phone. Once restarted, it works fine again, and I can't find a way to duplicate the problem, it just happens randomly.

I do use my phone a lot for headphones, but this has never happened when the phone had speakers connected to it.

Any ideas?
    take ur headphone and plug in to ur phone and reset phone then unplug. ur phone is getting stuck in headset mode and it has something to do with the headphone jack . it could be hardware and you should probably take it to sprint and ask for a replacment. thats the only true fix that i have heard of.

it very well could be software as well but no one has confirmed that that i have seen?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Right on. I understood how to fix it, I was just wondering if there was a way to prevent it...

So you're saying it's a hardware problem? That blows, because I had a problem before and Sprint fought me about a replacement, then ended up not replacing it. Plus, how can I prove that there's a problem if it's working fine when I bring it in? Do you suggest that I wait until it happens again, and then take it in?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    you can orevent it by shutting down music app or whatever it is ur listening to before removing headphone/aux cables...
    this may work as well dont just unplug while ur using it wait until your done with whatever. sprint already knows about this issueand might replace for you. i could be wrong it might be software im not really sure ,you could wait until the update comes with all the fixes and stuff to see if thats one of the fixes.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->