Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Hi. I've had my Pre for about 2 weeks with no problems. I've never dropped, removed the battery, or done anything potentially harmful to it. I have installed a couple of homebrew apps, but that's about it.

So, about an hour ago, I was by chance browsing this website when my gesture area and touchscreen quit working. All that would work were the power button and center button (didn't check the sound buttons). I thought it was something minor, pressed the power (standby) button and pressed it again in a couple of seconds. The regular screen with the 'drag to unlock' message came up, I couldn't drag though. So I though a restart would help. I held the power button and the screen just went off. Since then, despite trying anything (pressing the power button, plugging it into a wall charger, plugging it into the computer) the Pre has been off.

What are my options? Can I fix this at home or will I have to go to Sprint?

EDIT: I should add that windows makes that sound when something is plugged in.
    Last edited by supaumar; 09/27/2009 at 06:25 PM.
    You are sprint bound for sure !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Update: I called up Sprint, dude told me to take the battery out, and it was all good from there. But for some strange reason, I lost my bookmarks. No big deal though.
    yeah but why would this happen in the first place ?

well thats great that the fix was that easy lol
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 09/27/2009 at 09:13 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I am experiencing this exact problem (touch suddenly didn't work - couldn't drag to unlock). I held the power button to shut the Pre down. It never came back up. I've removed the battery. Tired a different battery. Tried power from the wall charger, car charger, and connected it to my laptop. I've tried holding the power button various lengths of time and even toggled the sound on/off switch while holding the power button (a tip from palm.com).

I took it to the Sprint store today. They ordered a replacement, but that's not an ideal solution. I really would like to keep my recent photos, tasks, and memos.

Any ideas on how to fix it rather than simply replace it?
    I had a perfect pre too until yesterday when, after listening to music, the phones speakers (other then system sounds and ringtones) don't work. Any app that has sound, won't play the sound, the proximaty senser does not work and I cannot talk on the phone or hear the phone. At first evdo wouldn't work, but it works now. I have done all possible things including restarting taking out battery, webos repair kit and doctor and nothing. After three months of having a pre with no problems I now have to go and hopefully trade it in for an equally good unit. Will I have problems with sprint since this was some strange default? (will probably never use this for long term music listening again that's for sure)
    Also try reseting the phone instead of just powering down:

orange button + r + sym

basically the same thing as removing your battery...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Just learned a new way to reset... thanks GFunk
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    I had the same issue where the touchscreen stopped responding. I tried a few of the suggestions, and none of them work.

Took it back to sprint and got a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptosto View Post
    I am experiencing this exact problem (touch suddenly didn't work - couldn't drag to unlock). I held the power button to shut the Pre down. It never came back up. I've removed the battery. Tired a different battery. Tried power from the wall charger, car charger, and connected it to my laptop. I've tried holding the power button various lengths of time and even toggled the sound on/off switch while holding the power button (a tip from palm.com).

I took it to the Sprint store today. They ordered a replacement, but that's not an ideal solution. I really would like to keep my recent photos, tasks, and memos.

Any ideas on how to fix it rather than simply replace it?
    Okay, same thing happened to me. I've already taken it to Sprint repair. I have to get a new one, but I want my memos and PHOTOS. I tried to plug it into my pc and get my info off but you have to TOUCH THE SCREEN in order to get the pre to act as a usb device. If I could just do something to select my options with the keyboard, I'd be in business. Anyone know of a keyboard sequence to move up/down or anything like that?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I had problems with my touchscreen not working on my first Pre. I would take it back to Sprint if I were you.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ngphilpot View Post
    Okay, same thing happened to me. I've already taken it to Sprint repair. I have to get a new one, but I want my memos and PHOTOS. I tried to plug it into my pc and get my info off but you have to TOUCH THE SCREEN in order to get the pre to act as a usb device. If I could just do something to select my options with the keyboard, I'd be in business. Anyone know of a keyboard sequence to move up/down or anything like that?
    They can transfer your photos at the Sprint store, unless of course...there are some risque photos on your phone, hehe.