Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I know this has probably been covered in various threads, which I have read through, but I'm having a bit of trouble putting it all together. I'm trying to load patches using PreLoad (such as multiple app launcher pages, virtual keyboard, etc.), but every time I try I get the message "FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" (tried searching for this but it didn't come up). I tried again after getting into developer mode first (used the dev mode app to do this), no luck. I've also installed the "Package Installer Service" and rebooted, but I keep getting messages to do this...not sure what to do about it. I've seen various threads referring to PreWare, PreLoad, PreBrew (which I also installed)...each one of these appears to serve a different purpose, but it's not clear when to use each one. Is there any consistent, easy way to get basic patches installed? Please don't just send me to another thread...I've already done searches, and some of the material appears dated to me. I really am looking for the latest and greatest methods. Thanks as always for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roymus View Post
    I know this has probably been covered in various threads, which I have read through, but I'm having a bit of trouble putting it all together. I'm trying to load patches using PreLoad (such as multiple app launcher pages, virtual keyboard, etc.), but every time I try I get the message "FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" (tried searching for this but it didn't come up). I tried again after getting into developer mode first (used the dev mode app to do this), no luck. I've also installed the "Package Installer Service" and rebooted, but I keep getting messages to do this...not sure what to do about it. I've seen various threads referring to PreWare, PreLoad, PreBrew (which I also installed)...each one of these appears to serve a different purpose, but it's not clear when to use each one. Is there any consistent, easy way to get basic patches installed? Please don't just send me to another thread...I've already done searches, and some of the material appears dated to me. I really am looking for the latest and greatest methods. Thanks as always for the help!
    You're obviously on the wrong version of preload - patch installation is disabled and you wouldn't be able to do anything.

We have them disabled until we're sure they're 1.2 compatible and they can install and remove correctly.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds