1.    #1  
    when the new apps came out i wanted to download all of them but when i downloaded some it told i didnt have enough memory? i still have 7 gbs of memory left why cant i download anymore? whats the point of having all these apps if i have a limit on how many i can have? any tips or help on this problem would be greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Not sure why, but I encountered the same issue. I was a little irritated at 1st..but it prompted me to cleanup the unused Apps i had downloaded and installed. No harm, no foul. I could see where it could be an issue down the road though, as more and more quality/useful apps are available for download, I will not be too keen on having to give up an app for another with all of this space still being available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    when the new apps came out i wanted to download all of them but when i downloaded some it told i didnt have enough memory? i still have 7 gbs of memory left why cant i download anymore? whats the point of having all these apps if i have a limit on how many i can have? any tips or help on this problem would be greatly appreciated
    Wow, your post is the first I've seen on this ... today!

You should probably try searching for an issue before posting.
    everybody is well aware their is a download limit. were hoping that after the app catolog comes out of beta they will take it off or maby when 1.2 comes out. the only way to bypass this limitation as of now is the app-installer preware but preware cant install apps from the official app catalog.
    Yes, I think a lot of us are starting to experience this problem. I have reached my limit and have to keep removing certain apps even though I like them and use them once in a while. Why on Earth did Palm make an App limit?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ification.html

Just posted that link in another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    everybody is well aware their is a download limit. were hoping that after the app catolog comes out of beta they will take it off or maby when 1.2 comes out. the only way to bypass this limitation as of now is the app-installer preware but preware cant install apps from the official app catalog.
    Clearly NOT everybody

But yes, Palm architected the device such that memory is partitioned, and only a small amount actually available to programs. What I wonder is if this partitioning is truly necessary. If so, then increasing program memory comes at the expense of storage for media, which is going to make some people , too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Clearly NOT everybody

But yes, Palm architected the device such that memory is partitioned, and only a small amount actually available to programs. What I wonder is if this partitioning is truly necessary. If so, then increasing program memory comes at the expense of storage for media, which is going to make some people , too.
    So many people do not know about this issue, and since more and more people will have this annoying problem, that this particular gripe should be made a sticky, in my opinion.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    So many people do not know about this issue, and since more and more people will have this annoying problem, that this particular gripe should be made a sticky, in my opinion.
    I agree. This is officially the 1 trillionth thread about this. Sticky PLEASE.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.