1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to get all contacts from the Pre to sync with gmail account? (including facebook contacts, etc.) I want all contacts backed up to gmail in case I need to switch to a different phone...
    don't think this is possible, why would you need to back up facebook contacts?
  3. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I also want to get all my contacts from my Pre to gmail....any contact that I've added since getting my Pre is transferred to gmail...but I'd like to get all the others over there as well.
    I am curious as well. I want all my phone numbers to sync with google voice. I know that new numbers I enter will but I want all my old ones that were ported from my previous phone to sync.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    also curious about this.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    +1

Been asking about this for a few weeks now.... Don't think it's currently possible. Palm Profile contacts will not sync with Gmail currently. Only new contacts get added to the Gmail contacts list.
    The only way to do this without manually re-entering the data would be to first sync the Pre with outlook via 3rd party app and then import the outlook contacts to gmail. There are various outlook sync solution out there like chapura missing sync etc. Yeah not the best solution....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    The reason why Vick and deihmos, is that I have now culled my contact list down (deleted a bunch of the facebook stuff which I do not want on my phone) and I do not want to download all facebook contacts again to my next phone. Get it?
  9.    #9  
    So no answers I guess, eh? :-(