Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. PRZ
    PRZ is offline
    PRZ's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
       #1  
    I wonder with the recent price reduction on the Pre if the cost of an insurance claim Pre .Will the deductible be lower now ? $100 vs. maybe $50 ??
    Last edited by PRZ; 12/22/2009 at 10:52 AM.
  2. #2  
    Deductable is fixed regardless the phone, from what I understand.
  3. #3  
    Price drop has nothing to do with assurion deductibles.
  4. #4  
    So you buy the phone today for a C note buy the insurance to replace for purchase price?
  5. #5  
    Or will Sprint lower the deductible of current sales ?
  6. jstew10's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #6  
    Sprintis already cutting us all a pretty good deal on wireless. I would love another discount but I know this companyhas to make some money too.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Sprintis already cutting us all a pretty good deal on wireless. I would love another discount but I know this companyhas to make some money too.
    No doubt , but why would you lower the price of the unit , @ $100 it's almost a throw away phone. $7 bucks a moth for insurance is a lot of bread and butter brother.
  8. #8  
    Not sure I understand the point. All of the sub-$100 deals for the Pre are discounts predicated upon signing a _new_ contract by folks that are out of contract. So, it wouldn't apply to current Pre owners in any case...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  9. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    No doubt , but why would you lower the price of the unit , @ $100 it's almost a throw away phone. $7 bucks a moth for insurance is a lot of bread and butter brother.
    The phone doesn't cost $100 to buy. That's get a discounted price you get when you sign up for a 2 year contract. Don't have insurance and break yours? You are looking at $500 for a replacement.

    That $500 is what the $7/month is protecting against.
  10. #10  
    Another insurance option is squaretrade at $77 for two years of coverage its a lot cheaper than Sprint. I have never dealt with them but from what I hear they are pretty easy to work with.
  11. #11  
    Assurion is an insurance company. Sprint has as much control over deductables as Ford has over Geico.
  12. loupy's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Another insurance option is squaretrade at $77 for two years of coverage its a lot cheaper than Sprint. I have never dealt with them but from what I hear they are pretty easy to work with.
    Squaretrade is pretty good. But they do not cover lost or stolen phones whereas the Sprint TEP does.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    The phone doesn't cost $100 to buy. That's get a discounted price you get when you sign up for a 2 year contract. Don't have insurance and break yours? You are looking at $500 for a replacement.

    That $500 is what the $7/month is protecting against.
    +1. The value of the device is still $549, no matter what subsidies are offered to reduce the buy-in price.

Posting Permissions