1. PRZ
    I wonder with the recent price reduction on the Pre if the cost of an insurance claim Pre .Will the deductible be lower now ? $100 vs. maybe $50 ??
    Last edited by PRZ; 12/22/2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Deductable is fixed regardless the phone, from what I understand.
    Price drop has nothing to do with assurion deductibles.
    So you buy the phone today for a C note buy the insurance to replace for purchase price?
    Or will Sprint lower the deductible of current sales ?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Sprintis already cutting us all a pretty good deal on wireless. I would love another discount but I know this companyhas to make some money too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Sprintis already cutting us all a pretty good deal on wireless. I would love another discount but I know this companyhas to make some money too.
    No doubt , but why would you lower the price of the unit , @ $100 it's almost a throw away phone. $7 bucks a moth for insurance is a lot of bread and butter brother.
    Not sure I understand the point. All of the sub-$100 deals for the Pre are discounts predicated upon signing a _new_ contract by folks that are out of contract. So, it wouldn't apply to current Pre owners in any case...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    No doubt , but why would you lower the price of the unit , @ $100 it's almost a throw away phone. $7 bucks a moth for insurance is a lot of bread and butter brother.
    The phone doesn't cost $100 to buy. That's get a discounted price you get when you sign up for a 2 year contract. Don't have insurance and break yours? You are looking at $500 for a replacement.

That $500 is what the $7/month is protecting against.
    Another insurance option is squaretrade at $77 for two years of coverage its a lot cheaper than Sprint. I have never dealt with them but from what I hear they are pretty easy to work with.
    Assurion is an insurance company. Sprint has as much control over deductables as Ford has over Geico.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Another insurance option is squaretrade at $77 for two years of coverage its a lot cheaper than Sprint. I have never dealt with them but from what I hear they are pretty easy to work with.
    Squaretrade is pretty good. But they do not cover lost or stolen phones whereas the Sprint TEP does.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    The phone doesn't cost $100 to buy. That's get a discounted price you get when you sign up for a 2 year contract. Don't have insurance and break yours? You are looking at $500 for a replacement.

That $500 is what the $7/month is protecting against.
    +1. The value of the device is still $549, no matter what subsidies are offered to reduce the buy-in price.