Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So for the last couple of days I've been irritated by the fact that every call I make will pull up contact info and sometimes go into a 3-way call mode. I know if you pull the phone away just enough you can accidentally 'ear-tap' to get contact info but now it's every time.
    WHY?
    Because my proximity sensor is not working.
    Now matter how I hold the phone and even with using my hand on the entire screen it will not shut off. I tried the 'Interactive Test' and it worked (vibrate) one time but not the second attempt with the test. Pulled the battery, soft reset, plugged in/out headphones a bunch of times and nothing.
    I haven't seen this issue come up in the forums and just wondering if anyone else had this problem and found a solution besides a return. My Pre has minimal "oreo" and I really don't want to gamble with a new one.. .
    I had the same problem, but then realized the skin I had on it was blocking the sensor. Others have had this problem just because the sensor stopped working & the only solution is to take it back for a new one.