1.    #1  
    ok i need some MAJOR help! i was running webos doctor and everything was goin fine, then all of a sudden my girlfriend runs up and grabs me which made me knock the core out during the webos doctor transition!!! now my phonei s stuck in error mode saying it has a problem that cannot be fixed! someone plz!!!! help me! i have an interview coming up & i need my pre working a.s.a.p.
    Welcome to forum. You may want to learn how to do a search for topics. Almost everything has been covered over and over again. This may help http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1878372 let us know how it goes
    Not a big problem.

1. Power off your phone.
    2. Plug your phone into the computer.
    3. Hold down the volume up button.
    4. While holding the volume up, power on your pre. Keep the volume up button held until you get a big USB symbol on the screen.
    5. Restart the WebOSDoctor
    great thing about this phone is it is very difficult to mess it up. If you do seem to be in a bind just head over here and someone will more than likely be able to fix it.
  5.    #5  
    it doesnt help that my battery iz dead does it?...i dont even think its charging. it has this big battery sign with a little bit of red battery stuff at the bottom
  6.    #6  
    & its been there like 4ever. even after i have it in charge mode
    Quote Originally Posted by memphisborn09 View Post
    & its been there like 4ever. even after i have it in charge mode
    If you have it in "just charge mode" you're not following the directions, but it looks like I also need to add a step.

If your battery is that close to dead, you need to very carefully follow these steps. Do NOT skip steps, do NOT do things out of order, and to NOT add any steps. That means no turning it on to check the battery. Just follow the steps without any modification.

1. Power off your phone. Don't reboot it. Power it off.
    2. Plug your phone into the AC power adapter and leave it alone for a couple hours to get the battery back up. WebOSDoctor won't work consistently if the battery is low.
    3. Unplug you phone from the wall.
    4. If your phone turned itself on when charging, power it completely off again.
    5. Plug your phone into the computer. WITHOUT turning the phone on.
    6. Hold down the volume up button.
    7. While holding the volume up, power on your pre. Keep the volume up button held until you get a big USB symbol on the screen.
    8. Restart the WebOSDoctor
    Last edited by VeeDubb65; 09/27/2009 at 01:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    If your battery is that close to dead, you need to very carefully follow these steps. Do NOT skip steps, do NOT do things out of order, and to NOT add any steps. That means no turning it on to check the battery. Just follow the steps without any modification.

1. Power off your phone. Don't reboot it. Power it off.
    2. Plug your phone into the AC power adapter and leave it alone for a couple hours to get the battery back up. WebOSDoctor won't work consistently if the battery is low.
    3. Unplug you phone from the wall.
    4. If your phone turned itself on when charging, power it completely off again.
    5. Plug your phone into the computer. WITHOUT turning the phone on.
    6. Hold down the volume up button.
    7. While holding the volume up, power on your pre. Keep the volume up button held until you get a big USB symbol on the screen.
    8. Restart the WebOSDoctor
    Agree w/ VeeBub! Charge the battery and then follow steps carefully. I might be wrong but I think WebOS Dr. will only work when the phone is at least 30%

BTW Good Luck on Your Interview!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    I might be wrong but I think WebOS Dr. will only work when the phone is at least 30%
    You are absolutely correct as far as doing with a "live" pre. I've never needed to do a WebOSDr with forcing USBnovacom AND a dead battery. But, even if it would let you, it would be a bad plan.

Flashing takes a LOT of power relatively speaking, and the USB port on your computer can only put out half the power of the AC charger.
  10.    #10  
    thanks to EVERYONE this was a big help!

p.s. i got the job!
    CONGRATS On The JOB!