Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Recently my pre was unable to access the email preferences so that i could modify how often it pulls email. I decided to Use webDoctor to try and fix things. Well I tried to use WebOSRepair first but that did not help and said tha the files were missing and that it could not find them.

After WebDoctor and trying to restore from my palm profile...jmy phone became unresponsive and kept going offline.

SO I tried another weoDoctor ...same thing....

I took the phone to sprint and explained the problem...Then proceeded and had no luck. (they only did a full erase and tried to restore from profile).

THey said we will give tyou a new phone....

GOt a new phone and the same thing happened. SO the problem had to be with

1. A bad app from the APP store?
    2. A messed up palm proflie.

I got the new phone and tried a few things

It seem that everytime I tried to load sync fabebook...the phone would switch to offline mode evertime I tried to update, access contacts, enmail, and actually use the phone for calls.

I even tried a new profile...I used a different email and then proceeded to install all my apps. same thing started happening.

I decided to take things little slower this tiime around.

-Erased backup on original profile before WebDoctor
    -Ran Erase on Palm Website
    -RUn WebDOctor
    -Restore palm profiile
    -Synched Gmail contacts and waited until it was complete
    -Synched Facebook and waiteed for completeion
    -Set up email
    -Synched calendar
    -Set up apps
    preware
    and all the other apps I had...

So far so good... The problem usually occurred after facebook sync.

I am still not sure what the problem was.....neither was sprint or palm....(i forgot to mention that I also called them and they were of no help.)

I am sup an runnign right now but still do no know what problem was...Could have ben one of many things that i did differently.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    AM I the only 1 lost by this Thread topic and the Post that follows
    I went through nearly the exact same thing... I was glad sprint sent me the new phone, since I had dropped my old phone a couple of times, and had some scratches on the screen...

I found out by visiting my neighborhood sprint store, that sometimes after resetting the phone to factory settings by running webosDoctor, it can take up to TWO HOURS for the EV indicator to popup in the screen... that indicator, obviously, is to show you have a data connection, and the phone can be "activated" by sprint without it, but cannot connect to palm to sign in to your profile...

bottom line, if you use webosdoctor on your phone, expect to be without service for up to, but most likely less than 2 hours.
    I went through nearly the exact same thing... I was glad sprint sent me the new phone, since I had dropped my old phone a couple of times, and had some scratches on the screen...

I found out by visiting my neighborhood sprint store, that sometimes after resetting the phone to factory settings by running webosDoctor, it can take up to TWO HOURS for the EV indicator to popup in the screen... that indicator, obviously, is to show you have a data connection, and the phone can be "activated" by sprint without it, but cannot connect to palm to sign in to your profile...

bottom line, if you use webosdoctor on your phone, expect to be without service for up to, but most likely less than 2 hours.
    well they F'ing better!
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Recently my pre was unable to access the email preferences so that i could modify how often it pulls email. I decided to Use webDoctor to try and fix things. Well I tried to use WebOSRepair first but that did not help and said tha the files were missing and that it could not find them.

After WebDoctor and trying to restore from my palm profile...jmy phone became unresponsive and kept going offline.

SO I tried another weoDoctor ...same thing....

I took the phone to sprint and explained the problem...Then proceeded and had no luck. (they only did a full erase and tried to restore from profile).

THey said we will give tyou a new phone....

GOt a new phone and the same thing happened. SO the problem had to be with

1. A bad app from the APP store?
    2. A messed up palm proflie.

I got the new phone and tried a few things

It seem that everytime I tried to load sync fabebook...the phone would switch to offline mode evertime I tried to update, access contacts, enmail, and actually use the phone for calls.

I even tried a new profile...I used a different email and then proceeded to install all my apps. same thing started happening.

I decided to take things little slower this tiime around.

-Erased backup on original profile before WebDoctor
    -Ran Erase on Palm Website
    -RUn WebDOctor
    -Restore palm profiile
    -Synched Gmail contacts and waited until it was complete
    -Synched Facebook and waiteed for completeion
    -Set up email
    -Synched calendar
    -Set up apps
    preware
    and all the other apps I had...

So far so good... The problem usually occurred after facebook sync.

I am still not sure what the problem was.....neither was sprint or palm....(i forgot to mention that I also called them and they were of no help.)

I am sup an runnign right now but still do no know what problem was...Could have ben one of many things that i did differently.
    "Dood", you obviously have a broken keyboard! I am sure nobody would post a fact-critical explanation full of obvious tyos on here...
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I really don't care about the typos. I was ****ed when I posted because I wasted my entire Saturday. I could have made the post 5 pages long if I took my time with it. The upside was that Sprint gave me a new phone, however neither sprint or Palm could help me resolve my issue. I suppose it comes with the territory if I am constantly twraking the phone.

A night of sleep has calmed me a bit. I have my phone back to where it was before. The only thing left to do is to wait for a replacement screen protector which I had to remove from the old one. (the guy at Sprint was kind enoigh to credit my account so I could order another screen protector)