Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Windows Live Plugin for webOS Messaging In Development

When can I try it?

Very soon, hopefully. Greg hopes to release the mod publically within the next few days, after beta testing concludes on the Pre and the webOS emulator. He's also working on updating the webOS version of libpurple to 2.6.2, as Palm are using version 2.5.1 which doesn't support many of the publically available plugins. Greg has now upgraded libpurple to 2.6.2 and has Yahoo IM successfully up-and-running. Next is Facebook & ICQ and IRC not long after those.

Windows Live Plugin for webOS Messaging In Development
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Awesome! Let the battery drainage begin. =P
    But seriously, this is sweet.
    Follow Me On

3.    #3  
    Pre will has then Yahoo Messenger ,and Live Messenger

And with Gtalk , the 3 greatest . Do we need more messengers?
    I can't wait ! I've been dying to use MSN messenger on my pre.
    Can't wait for MSN messenger. I personally want this more then a better Facebook app.
    cool i was waiting for that since the launch ............windows live.. LIVE!!!! lol
    I need MS Messenger as well!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

+1 for Live Messenger integration!

Can't wait.

Need beta testers?

I'm willing to leave myself signed on to Live 24/7. I do that now on my computer... >.>
    The article states that a Yahoo plugin is ready to go. Any idea on when this be released?
    The article reads that he is updating libpurple. So that would include the yahoo and MSN support. Yahoo works but MSN is still buggy. They will release when they are both working.
    When released, I will try it when the linking bugs are fixed.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    LOL, why do you guys need Live Messenger for? Twitter on Pre is a zillion times better, compared to any type of messaging system.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    LOL, why do you guys need Live Messenger for? Twitter on Pre is a zillion times better, compared to any type of messaging system.
    i use msn more than aim....everyone that i know uses msn more...just how it is
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Twitter sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Twitter sucks.
    twitter doesnt suck but i do use aim and msn for other reasons....i talk on msn more to my gf while my friends go on aim and others on facebook chat...and i use twitter for like news and stuff...so all these different protocols r used for different purposes...one i dont use is myspace anymore...i think facebook is so much better imo
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Go Greg_roll!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    So you use MSN to talk to your girl, through a message window... What if you want to talk to your girl and your friend to double date?

@jenny, meet me at Johns Pizzeria. Bring @cathy with you, I will grab @john so we double date. http://tinyurl.com/yebg9dw

Tell me how you can do that on MSN? You just sent a message instantly to all 3 people, they are getting tweeted automatically on their cells. Yet, you talked basically to your girl...
    Last edited by T3CK; 09/27/2009 at 01:28 AM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    So you use MSN to talk to your girl, through a message window... What if you want to talk to your girl and your friend to double date?

@jenny, meet me at Johns Pizzeria. Bring @cathy with you, I will grab @john so we double date. Google Maps

Tell me how you can do that on MSN? You just sent a message instantly to all 3 people, they are getting tweeted automatically on their cells. Yet, you talked basically to your girl...

I don't want to diss you or anything, but, if you don't see why people want to use MSN.... then you are one lost human being.

Why would I want to let the world know my business on twitter none-the-less.?
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    The article states that a Yahoo plugin is ready to go. Any idea on when this be released?
    A working yahoo plugin for the built-in chat program would seriously make my week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Twitter sucks.
    Yes. Yes it does.

@jenny, meet me at Johns Pizzeria. Bring @cathy with you, I will grab @john so we double date. Google Maps

But correct me if I'm wrong, since I rarely use twitter, doesn't that post that information up on a webpage? With an IM, the only record of the IM is the logs on the sending system and the recipient's system.

Plus, twitter is crowded with 12 year old girls and people who love hearing themselves talk even more than I do.
    very useful and awesome thread/news...and twitter sucks.

instant messaging for life
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast