Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Well i bought my pre in july. Since then ive been experencing problems with my device. It was loose, battery would turn off, scratch marks on the "mirror." So i decided to take it to a sprint store. I was pretty sure that all they would be able to do for me was give me a new battery but it turns out the bad batterys say "made in china" and the good ones say "made in Korea." Turns out i had a good battery and my phone was still turing off randomly in my pocket and every time i opened the keyboard or shut it. The sprint guy told me that if i had the new battery and the problems still were happening that he had to order me a new phone (which i was stoked)and would take 1-2 days. Hopefully anyone else that is having toubles will learn from this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    battery may be a little loose in it's slot. i just added a slim piece of plastic to make sure it held against the contacts and haven't had a problem for over a month. phone closing jarred the battery just enough to lose contact. simple enough, not a major issue. nothing else wrong with my phone so no need to exchange. if you have other issues and you want to exchange, fine, if the power off thing was it i suggest the fix that i and many others have used and you will be golden... just my 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    well i tried trouble shooting the batter problem by cutting up some business cards and sticking them in the battery conpartment to try and solve the problem but it continued.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I think most everyone who had this problem already knew, since it's brought up atleast once a day.

I think "bad" batteries come from all over. But like Irhf97 said, just wedge a piece of paper between the battery and the pre. All the new pre's come with a little piece of foam there. so your fix is the same as their fix.

And that's not a mirror. It's a shiny surface that rubs against another surface. They all get scratched.