Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'M going to be on my 3rd refurb. The original phone had a tiny air bubble that grew to about .5" in diameter, the first refurb, the m,c,b, and enter button stopped working completely.

I received my 2nd refurb unit that had another air bubble in the middle of the screen last night. I took it to one sprint store this morning and the first tech rep said he could get another refurb sent to my house, then his manager comes in and looks at the phone, and decides the air bubble is too small so he's not going to replace it. Basically told me that I had to be stuck with a phone with a material defect.

[SIDEBAR: I took my last phone with the huge air bubble in to that same store and got the same physical damage excuse, took that one to a different sprint store and thus began the journey above.]

I went through the ringer of retentions and advance tech on the phone to no avail. I took the phone to a different store and they offered to send out another refurb unit. Seriously, what is up with this phone and why does sprint consider a material defect a non replaceable event???????? **** poor customer service on the part of that manager and that particular store in general.

What can I do to get a working unit thats not a damn refurb? Why is the QA control on these phones so poor?
    Welcome to the club. Membership dues on the 15th. No really though just call palm and they can do a rapid exchange for 30 dollars and a 400 deposit on a credit card. They will release the hold when they get the old pgone back. Call retention and ask for a credit for that amount. You'll get a new phone with all the accessories. Just return yours to palm in there pre-paid package. Not really sure if its pre paid but I think it is.

Keep in mind this will only work if palm agrees its a defect. They will try to give you different options then above, just demand a rapid exchange
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I was going to do that but I didn't have a temp phone to use at the time. Plus I would rather a rep actually saw the phone and determined if it's a defect as opposed to sending it in and hoping for the best. I didn't want to run into a situation where they decide nothing is wrong with the phone and charge me money.
    That is what is holding me back too. Your issue should be easily noticeable so you should be good. My issues are software related. I don't want to tell you what to tell them but if you look through the forum I am sure you will find somethings that will work.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Sprint agreed to send out another refurb, if this refurb has issues, I'm going to have to go that route or cancel sprint and get an Iphone. I don't expect to have issues with my phones, and when I do, I expect to be treated right. I keep getting the feeling that they don't want my business. I pay every month on time and have done so since 2006, but I guess good customers are not what they want.
    Sprint is really in a tough spot because they are just the middleman. I get what your saying though. They have worked with me in the past. Anytime you have problems deal with retentions and no one else.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playaj View Post
    Sprint agreed to send out another refurb, if this refurb has issues, I'm going to have to go that route or cancel sprint and get an Iphone. I don't expect to have issues with my phones, and when I do, I expect to be treated right. I keep getting the feeling that they don't want my business. I pay every month on time and have done so since 2006, but I guess good customers are not what they want.
    Remember every employee is different and Sprint employees are like the "police" of mobile devices. If they're in a good mood (and do what they are paid to do) they will hook you up. If they want to be jerks they can screw you around. Your expectations are correct and do not settle for less. Get the manager if necessary.
    Also, with out a doubt Sprint staff are probably sick of exchanging Pre's over and over. They want to sell more items and make commission, not deal with the same issue(s) your having. (and I have had 3 times but happy now)

Try one last time and if that fails I would suggest going straight to Palm or waiting a month or so for a few new great phones coming out on Sprint. ie The Palm Pixie (which should be solid in it's hardware), HTC Hero, Samsung Instinct HD etc.

Sprint phones (Phone Arena)

The iPhone is okay and all, but do you really want to spend way too much money monthly for a mediocre network? Just sayin.. .

Any mobile, anytime. Can't beat that!!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Remember every employee is different and Sprint employees are like the "police" of mobile devices. If they're in a good mood (and do what they are paid to do) they will hook you up. If they want to be jerks they can screw you around. Your expectations are correct and do not settle for less. Get the manager if necessary.
    Also, with out a doubt Sprint staff are probably sick of exchanging Pre's over and over. They want to sell more items and make commission, not deal with the same issue(s) your having. (and I have had 3 times but happy now)

Try one last time and if that fails I would suggest going straight to Palm or waiting a month or so for a few new great phones coming out on Sprint. ie The Palm Pixie (which should be solid in it's hardware), HTC Hero, Samsung Instinct HD etc.

Sprint phones (Phone Arena)

The iPhone is okay and all, but do you really want to spend way too much money monthly for a mediocre network? Just sayin.. .

Any mobile, anytime. Can't beat that!!!
    I just hope that my next refurbished phone has no issues. If it does, I'm going directly to Palm.