Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    I too had problems with getting a signal in my house. I called Sprint and told them that and they sent me an Airave for free. I did have an issue with the monthly fee (I was told when I first called that I would not get a monthly fee) appearing on my bill, but after writing a lengthy email explaining that it was impossible to get a voice signal and why should I even have their service if I am required to have an extra expense, they finally relented and put a code in on my account for no monthly bill. They credited back the charge so I will have to wait and see what next months bill holds.
    So wait, there's a monthly fee for the airwave? Wow, I didn't know that. That's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    So wait, there's a monthly fee for the airwave? Wow, I didn't know that. That's stupid.
    It's always been there. Every other carrier charges the same fee. On the signal issue though, I think its the Pre. I had a Sanyo SCP-2700 that would just NOT drop a call. The Pre is still pretty good but it's not as good as I like it. To be honest, I'm debating the switch over to the Tour mainly because of the signal issue(constant switching to 1XRTT and dropping of calls) and I know it isn't the network in my area. Others, it might be different. Something is up with the antenna in the Pre though(at least in mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    It's 5 bucks: it's not the end of the world. Besides, if you complain loud enough they will likely waive it for you.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    It's 5 bucks: it's not the end of the world. Besides, if you complain loud enough they will likely waive it for you.
    It's not the nominal cost so much as it's the fact that some people are being forced to get it because the Pre is awful at holding a signal. That's what would irk me more than anything if I found myself in the predicament. To me, five bucks is plenty when you add everything up. That's an extra five bucks a month that I wouldn't have to spend otherwise. I have heard of people getting the fee waived, but I'm sure they're not the majority.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    It's on automatic right now. Cause if it is searching for sprint it never connects. I plan on taking it into the sprint store to have them do hardware tests on the phone. But if those all pass I'll have to wait til the Pre comes to Verizon. At least then it's reliable. I refuse to get another piece of equipment to operate on sprint.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12