1.    #1  
    i was one of the proud week-one pre owners who had yet to experience a hardware issue, until this week.....

one morning this week i slid up the pre, and it made a pretty nasty sounding crunch noise. it didn't feel any different than the thousands of other slides, but something was definitely amiss.

i then noticed later that day that the screen on/off button (top right) was loose, and was very, very hard to activate. i literally had to press it straight down with my fingernail edge to get it to work.

went by best buy today (where i purchased it w insurance) and they agreed it was a 'manufacturers defect' and were ready to switch out with a new one. i decided to spend a little time taking all photos, etc off and logging any tweaks/mods/etc before going back either later today or tomorrow.

anyone else have a pre still from first week with no problems?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I have it from launch day and its still working fine with no bugs or anything
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Same, got my Pre launch day and it is still works good and looks as sexy as the first day I got it.
    I had a launch day pre, it was perfect until about the end of August. Had a spider kind of crinkle effect happening between the screen and the exterior. My first one had no oreo effect at all and besides the spider thing it was perfect. I miss it.

The new one i have has a slight oreo, which isnt a big deal.

But the first one... well that was my baby..
    first day pre, random reset issue, bubble in screen, waiting for another defect to take it back for a fresh one
    Got mine day one... still works fine, no problems.

But just wondering... will Sprint take back phones for manufacturer's problems at any time? I thought it was 30 days only.
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    Got mine day one... still works fine, no problems.

But just wondering... will Sprint take back phones for manufacturer's problems at any time? I thought it was 30 days only.
    You have a 2 year service contract... your hardware should be covered during that time.