Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Let me try this again. I have 2 Pre's. one I got new, and is fine. the 2nd one i got used, just 4 a baqck up. when U first turn it on, the loading icon in the screen is normly the word "palm". With this unit, the loading icin in the screen is a fancy letter "a" in place of where the word "palm" is. I have tried to reset the unit back to factory settings, but is is still there on turn on/start up...a fancy just one letter "a". I have check 4 any additional programs in the unit, and can find none. The question I have is why does the single letter ....a.... show up in the screen, while it if loading, in place of where the word ...palm.... is normily in the Pre units? thanks 4 any help... ....clientav-AT-att.net .

Lee
    Last edited by CLIENTAV; 09/26/2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: not understood
    im sorry but i cant really understand what your saying here . can you right out what your saying lol this is not a texting forum lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    what do u mean....i typed out the issue?

L
    Ihace a new pre, N works fine. I got a used pre 4 back up, N on turn-on start-up loading,
    what does "N" mean or" ihace"? sorry but i dont understand this lol

just didnt understand what your saying . if you webdoctored it. it should be trying to connect the the palm cloud but if it didnt work out right then maybe try it again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yes you typed it out but you did not type out so i can understand . and what i do understand you did not give enough info. did you web doctor it or use web os utility . and did you hook it up in usb mode and see inside of the pre? if nothing is in there it isnt web doctored right as far as i can tell
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I too am having a hard time understanding your post, Maybe this will help if what you are saying is your used pre has an A instead of the normal palm logo boot screen then somebody before you modified the boot screen. This can be fixed by using WebOsQuickInstall to change the images on start up.

Hope this Helps, If so please hit the thanks button!

BTW you really should type out your questions in english instead of Text talk, I understand sometimes its easier to abbreviate when on a handheld device but its bad form to do it on these types of forums.
    I 2 hd prblm ndrstndng ur pst
    funny hparsons lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    read revised post
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    please read revised post...tks
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    please read revised post...tksplease read revised post...tks
  12. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    does the phone function properly aside from the letter "a" on boot up???...if so, why not just go with it?

webdoc should fix it, if it bugs you.
    kool i can read that now thanks clientav now open web QI and go into (with pre hooked up and in just charge mode)tools ,tweaks and on the far right is where you can change boot logos , just search in forums for the boot logo you want and download it , or you can just use web os utility tool to fix it with the default boot logo . its not very hard to fix at all .hope i helped ttyl
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I disagree with just fixing the logo. You didn't specify how you "reset" it, but I'm assuming you didn't use WebOS Doctor (since it should have fixed this).

I would use WebOS Doctor. You really don't know what else has been done to this device...
    I agree HP. To be safe a webos dr visit is in order. If they changed the boot, the could easily have gained linux access and from there the possibilities of what they have done can be endless...to be safe I'd get a fresh os on!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks, works fine, but sprint says warranty/service void, if not factory standard. And resale is in question, as i want to sell it, and get a prix 4 back up...tks again...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ...also, what is webos dr, and how do i use it.....tks....
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I will give that a try....thanks much...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Yks, how do i get webos doctor, to use ? Tks again l.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    SORRY 2 SOUND STUPID, BUT IF u COULD JUST TELL ME How 2 ger "a fresh os on? tks...L
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast