1.    #1  
    I've been using some pretty cool apps for ages on my old Treo 650, the fact that with the Pre I will go some steps back (won't be able to block unwanted incoming calls for instance) leaves me pretty disappointed. Out there there are plenty of windows operated mobile phones where virtually any application can be added, it's not the case with the Pre, I'm afraid.
    Is there a way of getting those apps (e.g. lightwav) to work on the Pre? NO
    How long will it take to get up to speed with the present times? CAN'T SAY
    Probably these answers are not good enough when it comes to investing a significant amount of money on a brand new phone, anyone can answer different?
    its only 99 dollars on amazon now that not to bad or even 79 dollars .that not so much now is it?? consider this , this thing is only using its cpu right now which can handle the simple stuff that its doing right now. just think once they get the gpu up and running which is supposed to be ten times faster, wow this phone will be awesome . so you can either be content and get the phone or go get a realy kool wm phone and be left in the dust when the pre finally matures . its up to you. have a great day!!!! oh yeah the apps get better when the app store opens up , right now they r all free because the store is still in beta and developers dont want to give away their apps. also read this...

http://www.precentral.net/palm-overw...on-submissions
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    its only 99 dollars on amazon now that not to bad or even 79 dollars .that not so much now is it??

...you can either be content and get the phone or go get a realy kool wm phone and be left in the dust when the pre finally matures

Yep I see your point, but unfortunately I need a sim-free GSM Pre which will set me back 500+, not peanuts...

The question I wanted answered was "the WHEN", and "the IF" too perhaps...

Have a lovely day you too. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Is there a way of getting those apps (e.g. lightwav) to work on the Pre?
    Yes actually. Well, sort of. You can't get WinMobile apps, but most PalmOS apps can be run through a program called "Classic," which sells for $30. That covers a lot of ground.

How long will it take to get up to speed with the present times?
    If you spend some time looking at what you can do with Classic, and looking at the AMAZING work being done in the homebrew community, you may find that it's already there, with just a few exceptions, such as on-phone automatic call block and voice dialing.

Plus, almost all of the homebrew apps are free, and a huge chunk of them will stay that way.
  5.    #5  
    That is VERY reassuring, I didn't know that, despite the bit of research I did never found that Classic program you mention, they should advertise it more
    thanks.
    That is VERY reassuring, I didn't know that, despite the bit of research I did never found that Classic program you mention, they should advertise it more
    thanks.
    Classic gives you the safety net you crave for your old PalmOS apps. Check out this Classic thread
    on most of the apps that work. But I've also gotten Audible, PDACookbook, and Personal Trainer PDA to work.
    he needs to be weened off those old school apps, slowly lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    there's nothing wrong with being old school you know! ahaha