Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I did a quick search but could not find anything. I had problems getting my Pre to turn on this morning.

Last night I put my phone in airplane mode and then held down the power button and turned it off. Then I placed it on the touchstone, I'm sure it was in the right location to charge it. In the morning I picked up my Pre and tried to get it to come on. I held down the power button and nothing, open slider nothing. I tried poking at the power button, holding it for over a minute even holding it and opening the slider. I could not get it to turn on. I though maybe it didn't charge so I plugged in the USB cable to give it power, still nothing. I have the Seidio 1355 higher capacity battery and thought maybe something happened to that so I took it out and put the OEM battery back in (it's only been out a day so I'm sure it still had power). It still would not come on trying all the things above. About now I started to panic I've only had the phone a week. I took the OEM battery out and put the other one back in and theh phone started booting up but I'm not sure why. I'm wondering what I did wrong and now I'm wondering what I did right to turn it back on. I'm hoping it's something simple. If anyone has an idea I'm all ears. At this point I don't plan on turning it back off to charge. The reason I did that was I wanted to fully charge the new battery thinking I should cycle it a few times as I understand it takes a few cycles for it to reach it's full potential. At this point I don't have any homebrew apps, everything is standard issue.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    I'm sure the touchstone didn't charge your phone. Maybe it didn't attach correctly. Did you hear the ding you usually hear. Sounds like the battery died completely to the point of not being able to even show the charge icon.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    That's what I thought but I checked and my bat was at 100 full charge after it started
    Cheers,

Peaty
    try holding up the volume up key and powering on at the same time it may or may not work ,if not go to sprint and get them to put another battery in it and see if it works
    it very well could be the power button went out ,this is a know issue with the power button not working
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'll try that button combination next time if it happens again thanks for the suggeston. Both batteries are brand new and were at 100% charge. One is the OEM the other is the Seidio 1350mA I put in the day before yesterday. I'm hoping it was some sort of weird anomaly. I don't normally turn my phone off but I had it in the same position on the Touchstone as when it charges then put it in airplane mode then turned it off. I assumed it would still charge and I believe it did.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    So is it fixed then???????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm not sure, like I said it did eventually come back on after I took out the one battery, tried the OEM, got nothing but after I put back the battery that was in it for the past day (and on the touchstone) it booted back up. I haven't done anything else other than use it today and put it on the touchstone on occasion while I'm at my PC. It seems to be working normally now after that one incident.
    Cheers,

Peaty