1.    #1  
    ATT pays my rent so im definitly not bashing them but I despise the iphone, im a bit biased im sure because people really dont call me to tell me how great their phone is working, but i would never think about buying one. After playing with my roomates and then getting this phone, the fact the Pre can do 10 things at the same time is what makes all the difference.

I know im all over the place and rambling a bit just got back from the Bar and doing my nightly browse of the forums before bed.

-Jay
    i love my pre too.. you think you can get me a discount on my other att plan... lol
  3.    #3  
    most likley not, and if i did i would have a zillion people PMing me lol. send me a PM ill get back to you tomorrow sometime.
    Tell some stories about complaints at Att with the Iphone please so everyone knows that no matter how good the phone supposedly is people still find a reason to complain. Its like if some people just look for comlaints and can't live without finding something bad in everything . Just the way some people are even though they shouldn't be. Don't get me wrong some people have ligit reasons but there are so many that don't either lol have a great day and enjoy your fully customizable palm pre.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The Pre is without a doubt the best phone I have ever owned.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have to say that I was very skeptical of this device, having played with it a little bit the first week after launch, but it is MONUMEMTALLY better since June. It doesn't run nearly as hot, the phone is MUCH more responsive and quick, and the build quality even seems better. I have purchased all 3 iPhones on Launch day so I am admittedly a bit of a Mac/iPhone zealot.

Here is a rundown of things I think the Pre does better and things I think the iPhone does better.

Pre Better

1) eMail. Email is MUCH better on the Pre. I can make a group and email a group instead of having to select each individual member of the group 1 at a time. My Gmail (IMAP) gets to the Pre about 15-20 secs faster than on my iPhone using Mobile Me, and even gets to the Pre before it gets to my inbox on my computer.

2) Phone app. Phone app is better. I can dial directly from the keyboard, or I can hold down one of the number buttons on the screen and it will consider it a "hot-key". iPhone doesn't do that! Very nice.

3) Calendar is MUCH better. It took a little bit (and some tech savvy) to get everything uploaded from my Mac to Google, but once you do that, it is AWESOME. I quickly shared my calendar with my wife (and vice versa) and now all of her entries get pushed to the Pre instantly. The Cloud is a very powerful tool once it is set up. I do have some reservations about being so dependent upon Google but that's another discussion.

4) Multitasking. Last night I was using the app "iLike" and it was like being in one of the Pre commercials. I saw that Dave Matthews Band was going to be here next week, it offered me a Map of the venue (then opened up Google Maps); it offered me tickets (then opened up Ticketmaster's website), and it put it on my calendar. I could then even alert friends. It was the COOLEST experience on a phone ever. Haven't used iLike on the iPhone so maybe it is the same, but I was blown away by the integration potential.

5) Form Factor. While I wish the Pre had a full-time on-screen keyboard (I am actually pretty good typer on the iPhone after 3 years), the size and weight of the Pre (when closed) is absolutely fantastic. Feels perfect in your hand and pocket. I don't like to have to open the slider (don't really like sliders) to enter text in fields, but the shape of the Pre when the keyboard is closed is terrific.

6) File formats. The Pre seems to be more open on the web, and even played my iTunes (purchased AAC) music files. I was blown away by that.

Where iPhone still Better

1) Browser. The Pre is a close second here (and I play with a lot of devices), but it still seems that a lot of websites initially come up formatted incorrectly and too small to read any text. The iPhone's browser usually brings up the webpage in a size that is at least somewhat readable.

2) Music/Speaker. I am a Mac person so the "back and forth" iTunes integration issues affect me. Couldn't easily sync my music (had to drag and drop) and couldn't get my playlists over. Also, the Pre Speaker sounds horrible compared to the 3GS or 3G. Sound is good on the Pre through headphones though.

3) Battery Life. Pre's battery life is attrocious. Took both iPhone and Pre off the charger yesterday morning and the Pre was at 88% when I got to work (not doing anything other than having it connected via bluetooth to my car for 4 miles) and the iPhone was still at 100%. Pre was at 40% by 9:30 after moderate use.

4) Build Quality. iPhone feels much more rigid and solid.

5) Apps. This will take time for Palm, but unless they give GPU and CPU access to developers then I don't think Palm can ever catch up on this point.

Conclusion
    My plan was to just test out the Pre for 30 days and then send it back but I have to admit that I am not looking forward to giving it back (and I have only been using it for 2 days now). It really does become part of your life, even more than an iPhone.

If someone told me I couldn't have an iPhone then the only other product I would get is the Pre. It is THAT good.

I will also say that this website and forums are a TREMENDOUS source of information. Thank you to all of you for your great posts and wealth of knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by icecool988 View Post
    ATT pays my rent so im definitly not bashing them but I despise the iphone, im a bit biased im sure because people really dont call me to tell me how great their phone is working, but i would never think about buying one. After playing with my roomates and then getting this phone, the fact the Pre can do 10 things at the same time is what makes all the difference.

I know im all over the place and rambling a bit just got back from the Bar and doing my nightly browse of the forums before bed.

-Jay
    I was a consumer AT&T Customer Care Rep. I left after two months because I just couldn't stand singing the praises of AT&T when I had a Palm Pre on my belt. My biggest issue was the prices. To have the same features on an AT&T phone that I have with Sprint is about $50-70 more a month. Not to mention that the Pre is theme-able and wallpaper is changeable. In all honesty, I'm not sure if a jail broken iPhone can have that functionality, but I haven't seen it. Thanks to the tweaks via WebOSQuickInstall, this phone is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavman View Post

1) Browser. The Pre is a close second here (and I play with a lot of devices), but it still seems that a lot of websites initially come up formatted incorrectly and too small to read any text. The iPhone's browser usually brings up the webpage in a size that is at least somewhat readable.
    There's a tweak for that. Check out http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html
    My dad has AT&T and he hates the service coverage. We live in central florida and we golf alot together and at many co****s, I'm talkin to the wife with ease while he struggles to get a signal. So when his contract is up, he is switching to sprint. Not because of the Pre perse' but because of the coverage.

Now, while I have never used the Iphone, I have no desire too. I just don't like crapple and thier practices. Even with that said, I have never owned an Ipod and never will. I will purchase a $20 mp3 player from big-lots before I give crapple one red cent.

I use personally 2 phones, the Pre and the Touch Pro. I skipped the TP 2 in favor for the Pre and I can personally say that I'm glad I did. The TP is a good PPC, but I can just get 10 times more done on the Pre because of it's multitasking and it's ability to be lightning fast. The TP, I would have to soft reset at least 3 times a day because it would become slow and crash. The Pre is a good all around smartphone and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
    No disrespect, but the company you work should be trying to bring us ATT customers the Pixie and Pre.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    After playing with my roomates...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic

-Jay
    lol i was at an ATT store with my dad (he has a bb bold and keeps having problems) and hes been there so much he knows the manager.....well the store manager was trying talk him into getting an iphone. my dads question? "i heard it doesnt multitask tho.....it doesnt do that does it?" and the att guy was like "oh sure it does....we just came out with the 3gs and it multitasks"

HA i later explained to my dad the difference between the limited music multitasking that the iphone does and the full multitasking that my phone does.....he was happy to not have gotten an iphone lol