Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    SHOULD AMAZON DEVELOPE A FULL MEDIA PLAYER FOR SYNC WITH PHONES?
    In this actual world with users depending much time of life in what is on the internet, we surely have to step away on depending of softwares that could be overpass by others, making our lives confortable , when we might have more choices with excellent performance.

So why we do not encourage vendors, who are interested on increase their sales according to what we need as consumers/users, now, to our world of mobile devices , where our life is in, every single day.
    Why not then , Amazon mp3 store, who are one of our music vendors, develope a FULL MEDIA PLAYER FOR SYNC WITH OUR PHONES , as well as , they did with Kindle for e-books.?
    Sure, I say they should knock themselves out. More competition equals win for most consumers most of the time.
  3.    #3  
    yes, we really need an option besides itunes IMHO
    No.

There are plenty of other options
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I would rather see Amazon Video On Demand come to the Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I think amazon should develop a full on media center that you can connect to wirelessly with full media backup. That would make the whole iTunes thing moot.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I think amazon should develop a full on media center that you can connect to wirelessly with full media backup. That would make the whole iTunes thing moot.
    Yeah, it would be the final idea and end of this dispute with itunes
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I think it would be awesome and I don't think it would be too hard to do. I just don't know if they are structured in a way to maintain software that will require constant upkeep. Also, since most media players are ipods and probably require some strange file formatting they would have to come up with software to support both apple and non apple media players. I'm just speculating, but it could be more of a headache than its worth. I would support it though.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I think it would be awesome and I don't think it would be too hard to do. I just don't know if they are structured in a way to maintain software that will require constant upkeep. Also, since most media players are ipods and probably require some strange file formatting they would have to come up with software to support both apple and non apple media players. I'm just speculating, but it could be more of a headache than its worth. I would support it though.
    I've been speculating since day one when the Amazon MP3 downloading became known that eventually Amazon would, at least, create a Video on Demand App for the Pre. Yes, they DO this kind of thing. My Zen Vision W isn't noted for extreme portability and pocketing, but dang if I can't download movies and purchased TV shows (not rentals) to it via Video on Demand and Zen's software. (Added benefit that most players don't have is video out.) They also store all your video purchases on their site so you wouldn't even need to have all your videos using up your gigs on the Pre. An entire Media application isn't out of the realm of possibility. Plus you can now download from Amazon without wifi!

They are able to work with some Nokia phones, too, already. Have a look:

Amazon Video On Demand Compatible Devices

They also have a bigger movie database than Netflix.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    @sharon, that is cool, I didn't realize they were doing that. You would think I would've known given all the music I download from them. I guess I'm left wondering if they can do that with Video on Demand why don't they already have some sync option for music.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    @sharon, that is cool, I didn't realize they were doing that. You would think I would've known given all the music I download from them. I guess I'm left wondering if they can do that with Video on Demand why don't they already have some sync option for music.
    I'll bet you don't know then about the Roku either, huh? Very cool, I want this for Xmas. You can wirelessly stream movies from Amazon directly to your TV whether its analog or not and it's only $99. Will also do HD.

This tiny box is amazing, well-designed, well-rated and easy to use.

Amazon.com: Roku Digital Video Player: Electronics
    Yes that would be interesting to see amazon and netflix on the pre. I would imagine those services maybe available in the future since they are on video game consoles already.

With amazon you can rent movies online and they are stored in your library. That rental can be accessed on a computer or as someone mentioned earlier a roku player that connects to your tv. Imagine if that technology was extended to cell phones. No need to store movies on your hard drive. Just stream it like youtube. Roku by the way is a great device. If hulu was available it would be the ultimate device.
    Why would Amazon need a media player to sync with phones when they already have an application that downloads directly to the phone? The only reason the iTunes method exists is the original iPods had no direct Internet access.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    no. it doesn't benefit amazon to expend money for a media player when people can easily download them from their website. now this doesn't help people with phones but that's not really amazon's problem that's the phone seller's problem. besides it doesn't mean amazon is somehow closed to downloading and purchase to a phone. Clearly it can through wifi. But there is no major benefit to amazon just to make a media player.

i don't think the kindle is analogous tough. they develop/sell the hardware and the books in this case and it's closed like itunes is (not positive since i don't have one). they don't sell phone hardware or software, and though they sell music it's not a closed system where they are the only ones selling phones. not to mention Amazon is basically an online retailer. It is not mostly a software company.

again the question real equation is making it benefit amazon. and they can be, and i think are perfectly open to cell phone downloading from compatible phone already without building and supporting a desktop sync solution.
    I would assign a team to develop an Amazon media player app if i were Palm.

That would be a KILLER APP.

Of course we might have to wait for Adobe Flash first. That comes in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    should amazon develope a full media player for sync with phones?
    In this actual world with users depending much time of life in what is on the internet, we surely have to step away on depending of softwares that could be overpass by others, making our lives confortable , when we might have more choices with excellent performance.

So why we do not encourage vendors, who are interested on increase their sales according to what we need as consumers/users, now, to our world of mobile devices , where our life is in, every single day.
    Why not then , amazon mp3 store, who are one of our music vendors, develope a full media player for sync with our phones , as well as , they did with kindle for e-books.?
    idk should they?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bainsingh1 View Post
    idk should they?
    I am not an expert on abbreviations.

idk, what means please?Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    I am not an expert on abbreviations.

idk, what means please?Thanks
    idk = I Don't Know
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    No.

There are plenty of other options
    I don't care if they make one or not, but I have to agree that there are TONS of options out there, many of which do a better job than itunes.

itunes is popular for the same reason that Windows is the most popular desktop OS.

It's the most popular because everyone uses it...

because it's the most popular...

because everyone uses it...

because it's the most polular....

ad infinitum.

The only reason anybody should even consider using itunes to organize their music is if they have already purchased a bunch of DRM music from the itunes store, and they don't want to go redownload it without the DRM from a bittorrent site. (I'm not encouraging piracy. I'm only talking about music you have already purchased)
    I read some months ago that there is a possibility to develop something together with amarok (one linux media player). That would be really nice, cause the Linux people could also use it (not like this....iTunes). But don't blame me if im wrong, i just read it on an internetpage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast