1.    #1  
    That story is something. Depending on when you click over to BGR, I'm talking about Bono.
    Follow Me On

3.    #3  
    thanks for posting the link.
    thats classic right there i love it !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Well looks like Palm is getting all the finances they need to keep growning.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Ha, thats good for a laugh! Good find!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Because of this, I might have to download a couple of U2 tunes...
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Maybe it's just cause I work in the IT industry, but I thought everyone was already aware of this... Why do you think it's called "Elevation Partners"?

It is still funny though...
    Quote Originally Posted by smnc View Post
    Maybe it's just cause I work in the IT industry, but I thought everyone was already aware of this... Why do you think it's called "Elevation Partners"?

It is still funny though...
    oh man I totally missed that...awesome!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    That is very funny, now we need a U2 Theme
    U2 sure likes to jump around with their money. First it was the U2 iPod, then BB, now Palm! What's next? A U2 Linksys router?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI NR70v>CLI TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    U2 sure likes to jump around with their money. First it was the U2 iPod, then BB, now Palm! What's next? A U2 Linksys router?
    yup

Next jeopardy question what is common to APPLE,RIMM and PALM

Who is U2.
  14. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Non-story. People can have varied financial interests.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Actually, Elevation Partners bought their original 25% stake in Palm back in 2007. Long before they talked to either Apple or RIM.

Here's something else you guys may not know and find funny, in a 6 degrees of separation kind of way:
    One of the founders of Elevation Partners is Fred D. Anderson. You may know him from his time at Apple Inc. He was the CFO for nearly a decade, and briefly the CEO before Steve Jobs was brought back in.
    That's classic!

With the number of shares Elevation owns now, I'm more convinced than ever they are preparing to put Palm up for sale.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I doubt it.
    Elevation basically funded the development of the webOS and Pre.
    Now would be exactly the WRONG time to sell.
    You don't invest that kind of money to build a new product and then dump it before it has a chance to establish it's market.
    If they DO want to sell it, they'll wait until after it launches on more carriers here and proves itself a sales winner.
    Personally I think they're in for the long haul. These guys aren't day traders. With the exception of Bono, they're IT executives and investment gurus. They're smart enough to know you can make a LOT more money building a brand than flipping stocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by smnc View Post
    I doubt it.
    Elevation basically funded the development of the webOS and Pre.
    Now would be exactly the WRONG time to sell.
    You don't invest that kind of money to build a new product and then dump it before it has a chance to establish it's market.
    If they DO want to sell it, they'll wait until after it launches on more carriers here and proves itself a sales winner.
    Personally I think they're in for the long haul. These guys aren't day traders. With the exception of Bono, they're IT executives and investment gurus. They're smart enough to know you can make a LOT more money building a brand than flipping stocks.
    Was my last post reallyso long you didn't read it? I said they're "preparing" to sell Palm. How did you get "now" out of "preparing?"

Elevation still needs to perform a few more tricks to get Palm past their slow Pre sales rate stigma to get that stock up at least into the mid-twenties before they sell Palm off. Seeing as how Elevation paid over $16 in their first big Palm buy-in, they're hardly to sell "now" as long as it looks like Palm can still edge that stock up a little more. Once Palm gets a few GSM customers (i.e. expand the Pre customer base past Sprint's relatively small one) and maybe another WebOS phone in the marketplace, Elevation will have Palm fattened up for the trade - whether or not Palm is turning a profit yet. Look for about June 2010 for a sales announcement - 2 years is Elevation's modus operandi.

Just like Elevation did with Bioware/Pandemic. Purchased for $300M in Oct 05, put up for sale 24 months later (Oct 07) for $700M. It's what they do.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Was my last post reallyso long you didn't read it? I said they're "preparing" to sell Palm. How did you get "now" out of "preparing?"
    Calm down, I read it several times. A simple misunderstanding. Most people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to stock trading and investing, and would use "preparing" as short hand for "preparing to sell in the next few weeks, maybe a month or two".
    Not "preparing to position the stock for a strategic sale in a year".
    My apologies for underestimating you.

Elevation still needs to perform a few more tricks to get Palm past their slow Pre sales rate stigma to get that stock up at least into the mid-twenties before they sell Palm off. Seeing as how Elevation paid over $16 in their first big Palm buy-in, they're hardly to sell "now" as long as it looks like Palm can still edge that stock up a little more. Once Palm gets a few GSM customers (i.e. expand the Pre customer base past Sprint's relatively small one) and maybe another WebOS phone in the marketplace, Elevation will have Palm fattened up for the trade - whether or not Palm is turning a profit yet.
    Exactly my evaluation.

Look for about June 2010 for a sales announcement - 2 years is Elevation's modus operandi.
    I don't know if you can call one time a 'modus operandi'... They still have 40% of Forbes AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $and$ $it$'$s$ $been$ $3$ $years$. $I$ $also$ $haven$'$t$ $heard$ $anything$ $about$ $plans$ $for$ $them$ $to$ $sell$ $SDI$ $Media$.

Just like Elevation did with Bioware/Pandemic. Purchased for $300M in Oct 05, put up for sale 24 months later (Oct 07) for $700M. It's what they do.
    Unless you have a lot of information I don't (and you might), I think you're drawing unwarranted conclusions.
    You may not be aware, but John Riccitiello is one of the founders of Elevation Parters, and is formerly President and COO of Electronic Arts.
    After leaving EA, he co-founded Elevation, and started trying to purchase Eidos. After that failed, Elevation purchased BioWare and Pandemic.
    He was rehired by EA as CEO in February 2007. 6 Months AFTER that, Elevation sold Pandemic/Bioware to EA. Coincidence? You be the judge.
    EA gets two new jewels to help revitalize the company and cement the new CEO in his position. Elevation gets to make a very nice profit.

I'm not saying that EP hadn't planned on selling BioWare/Pandemic after two years anyway, I'm just giving you an alternative possibility.
    Last edited by smnc; 09/27/2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Spelling