View Poll Results: Has 1.2 jumped the shark?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it most certainly has!

57 62.64%
  • Nope, it hasn't!

34 37.36%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    this thread jumped the shark
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    Although this saying was made popular a long time ago, I've been told that Howard Stern uses this saying quite often, so I am guessing that the OP listens to Howard Stern a tad bit too much.

That or he watches Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, and saw the episode where Johnny goes to the US to "Jump a shark" and dies.

No matter what he/she meant, I think they want to know what's happening with 1.2.......join the queue with the lot of other Preemies who are anxiously awaiting the release.
    Never listen to Howard Stern, can't stand him. And I'm old enough to have both watched the original airing of the Happy Days episode in question and to have been aware of the phrase "jump the shark" when it first came into the vernacular.

And I have no idea what "Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps" is, but it certainly sounds like English comedy. Would probably enjoy it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    this thread jumped the shark
    Precisely.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  4.    #44  
    I love it when things come together.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Never listen to Howard Stern, can't stand him. And I'm old enough to have both watched the original airing of the Happy Days episode in question and to have been aware of the phrase "jump the shark" when it first came into the vernacular.
    How do you know you can't stand Howard if you never listened to him?
    There is no spoon
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    How do you know you can't stand Howard if you never listened to him?
    Touche...

Yes, I've listened to him in the past (actually, used to watch his TV show occasionally). I just don't listen to him any longer.
    Now, if this was 'Do PreCentral readers rely too much on rumors?' I'd certainly vote 'Yes'!

Am I upset that my Pre didn't start dancing on 9/24 with either 1.2 or the App Catalog? Sure, but let's be mature and realize that there wasn't an 'official' announcement for either, was there?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    -1 for incorrect use of the term "Jumped the shark"
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123