1.    #1  
    Am I missing something? After reading an email the only way I see to go back to inbox is to swipe away the open email card, reopen the email app and tap on the inbox-which goes to the top of the inbox. I don't always want to read email by email using the previous and next arrows. Anybody have a better suggestion?
    swipe back?

In the gesture area, swipe right to left, starting at about the midpoint, above the button.
    Last edited by oddlou; 09/25/2009 at 05:50 PM.
  3.    #3  
    That was my first thought. But swipe back, meaning swiping across the e-track ball from right the left simply moves to the next open card (app) on the desktop not within email.
    Quote Originally Posted by awertin View Post
    That was my first thought. But swipe back, meaning swiping across the e-track ball from right the left simply moves to the next open card (app) on the desktop not within email.
    Not if you do only half of a swipe. Start at the ball, go right to left.
  5. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Not if you do only half of a swipe. Start at the ball, go right to left.
    or start on the right side and go to the ball....that's what I do.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    or start on the right side and go to the ball....that's what I do.
    also, that should only be an issue if 'advanced gestures' are enabled, and I thought they were disabled by default?
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    also, that should only be an issue if 'advanced gestures' are enabled, and I thought they were disabled by default?
    I'm pretty sure you're right...and someone who doesn't know how to do a back gesture probably can't figure out how to turn them on.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    the back gesture. like who doesnt know the back gesture? really?
  9.    #9  
    Thanks a bunch. That feature must have been described in the (missing) manual.
    The (missing) manual is substituted with the cloud-based dynamically updated Help card.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    wow. Actually, that feature was the ONE thing that the on-phone demo made you practice before you got all set up.
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    If you don't have advanced gestures enabled, a full swipe results in back swipe. If you do have advanced gestures enabled, a full swipe is recognized differently than a back (half) swipe.