Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Man, looks like $99 is the sweet spot. They weren't even on the top ten best seller list until today. Earlier in the day it was at number 9, but man, in just a few hours it's shot right up there. The number 2 spot is an almost free BB Curve (one penny):

Amazon.com Cell Phones & Service Bestsellers: The most popular items in Cell Phones with Service. Updated hourly.
    great more people to counsel when they wack out their phone ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm All In !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Nice! Im gonna add my review on Amazon's page.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I'm still not sure whether this offer applies to contract extensions. The price says "with new service plan." Some comments to the article on the front page say "yes." On forum threads I have seen "no."

Amazon.com: Cell Phone Upgrades FAQs

Amazon's site says that they only do phone upgrades for AT&T.

Oh well, guess I'll have to cough up the extra $50 at Best Buy.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Looks like the $99.99 price on Amazon has made a LARGE impact.

Lookin' good, so it seems.
    r you ready for the influx of people that need help with their phone ha ha ha!!!
    i am i hope !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Amazing what a price drop will do.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Amazon.com Sales Rank: #10 in Cell Phones & Service (See Bestsellers in Cell Phones & Service)
    Popular in these categories: (What's this?)
    #1 in Cell Phones & Service > Cell Phones with Service > MP3
    #1 in Cell Phones & Service > Cell Phones with Service > Smartphone & PDA
    #1 in Cell Phones & Service > Cell Phones with Service > Bluetooth

Yesterday I looked at the Amazon sales rank was #103. Thats a good jump.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I still think it's absurd that this kind of phone is only $99.
    I would, and did, pay $199.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I still think it's absurd that this kind of phone is only $99.
    I would, and did, pay $199.
    It's not absurd at all... you'll be paying a total of ~$1880 for your pre over the 2-year contract while someone buying it today will be paying ~$1780... I don't see the big deal...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Having moved up from ninth to third yesterday it now out-ranks the less expensive (one penny Curves) BB's, and the BB Tour for only $49.99 doesn't even make the top ten.

Amazon.com Cell Phones & Service Bestsellers: The most popular items in Cell Phones with Service. Updated hourly.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Amazon.com Sales Rank: #10 in Cell Phones & Service (See Bestsellers in Cell Phones & Service)
    #1 in Cell Phones & Service > Cell Phones with Service > Camera
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    #1 in Cell Phones & Service > Cell Phones with Service > Camera
    I imagine that's overall sales. The list I showed is updated hourly. The Pre is also listed as a new arrival so some of the phones on the overall list have been there longer.

A comparison between the two would show the difference a price cut makes, but also a comparison over time would show how well it does in maintaining its position or increasing it.

If your question "what's this" is in reference to the list below, it shows which particular, individualized categories it's also number one in. A comparison between a cell phone with no 3G or smart phone capabilities and a Pre wouldn't give you an idea of how well it's positioned versus other smartphones and vice versa for the dumb phone. Get it?
    Palm PRPRPR $should$ $be$ $all$ $around$ $this$! $Thats$ $quite$ $an$ $achievement$. $Did$ $the$ $Centro$ $ever$ $become$ #$1$?
    It is quite a shocker. I have never ever seen any Sprint phone period anywhere near the top of that list.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
  17. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Double post _)DD)D)D)D)D)D))D)D)D)D)D
    It's the number one best selling phone, that last link you posted is with accessories bud. So it's number one in it's respectful phone catagory.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    It's the number one best selling phone, that last link you posted is with accessories bud. So it's number one in it's respectful phone catagory.
    It's already dropped to number 4 now - looks like Amazon customers are also savvy to WalMart's even more aggressive pricing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast