1.    #1  
    I'd like to see if anyone else is having or can get their Pre to mimick this problem I am having...

I would like someone to attempt to create a week-long, daily, all day calendar entry that starts on Sunday, October 25 2009 and ends on Saturday, October 31 2009. It doesn't matter what calendar you use as your default. This happens to me whether I try it on my google calendar or the palm profile calendar. Or whether I type it in on my computer and sync my google calendar or type it in on the phone.

What happens is it will create an entry for ALL the days in that week EXCEPT for Monday the 26th. No matter how long i set it to repeat, how often I set it to repeat, or what the entry is for, if it is set as a repeating even that contains Monday, October 26 2009, it will skip Monday. If I try to start a one-time, all day event on The 26th, it will accept it and put it on the 26th. However, if I start that same event on the 26th but make it a repeating event, it will start the event on the 27th and continue from there.

I'm at a loss here. Can somone please try to do what I mentioned above and reply back with their results to see if this is a phone issue?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by cdaniel76; 11/30/2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: changing title since problem re-occured after 1.2 update.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I was able to do this. I did it on my Google calendar. A note: I had to choose "Custom" rather than "Daily", as Google doesn't "get" the repeating concept other than Custom. (Something I've read elsewhere on the forum.)

Hopefully the Custom suggestion will fix your issue.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I was able to do this. I did it on my Google calendar. A note: I had to choose "Custom" rather than "Daily", as Google doesn't "get" the repeating concept other than Custom. (Something I've read elsewhere on the forum.)

Hopefully the Custom suggestion will fix your issue.
    Yes... Sorry. I should have stated that it had to be a custom entry in my first post. This is the only way to set a beginning and end date, by choosing custom.

So it worked ok for you?? I wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong or what's wrong with my phone. This is a 1 week old replacement phone. I don't know if this was a problem on my other phone since I never checked as far ahead as October when looking at my calander. I've tried everything and can't get a "repeating" entry to work on Oct 26th...

I work shift work and our schedule is set yearly so I put it in my calendar as a reminder for if and when I need it. So I start in January and set them as repeating, never-ending, entries and I'm done after I set January. However, as I look forward on the calendar, I notice that this one particular day in October is not "filled in" with an all day event. It's like my calendar skips the 26th and finishes out the rest of the repeating schedule thru the rest of the year. Problem is, the entries are a day off(1 day later) from then on out...

When I enter it into my google calendar online, everything looks fine. All entries are where they're supposed to be and it's filled in on Oct 26th like it's supposed to be. But when I tranfer it to the phone, it changes....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    That is strange. I wonder if a Partial Reset would help? That way, you don't lose your data. However, a Full Reset isn't so bad if your calendar data is already online.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I wonder if a Partial Reset would help?
    Tried them both last night... No success. Think I'm going to go see the Pre Advocate at the Sprint Store on Monday... See what he thinks.
    I entered it on my Pre for my Google calendar and it includes all 7 days. Did you follow the same steps?

1. Started on Oct 25, 2009
    2. Tapped New > All Day Event from the Calendar menu
    3. Entered event name
    4. Tapped No Repeat > Custom
    5. Unchecked Forever
    6. Tapped 25 on the date scroll wheel and selected 31
    7. Back swipes to get out and save

The event occurs on all days for me.