1.    #1  
    Last edited by Conect11; 09/25/2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: to avoid potential copyright issues
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Palm stock is trading up today. That tells me that the rumors are not true.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Palm stock is trading up today. That tells me that the rumors are not true.
    yeah, but at least the rumors are juicy, lol!
    Nice read, but did you miss part of the content??
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post
    September 25, 2009 03:55:00 PME-Commerce Times > Business > Deals | Read Next Article in Deals
    Please note that [B]this material is copyright protected. It is illegal to display or reproduce this article without permission for any commercial purpose, including use as marketing or public relations literature.
    Maybe a teaser, and then a link to the site would have been more appropriate. Besides, then we could have seen the advertisement parts in context
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    We Said, They Said

Verizon denied rumors that it had decided not to carry the Pre. Jim Gerace, executive director of media relations at Verizon, told the E-Commerce Times that the wireless provider will offer the smartphone in January as planned.
    Yup, just as I figured, they're playing hard-ball negotiations. Verizon is freakin' brutal. Nice to know that Rubinstein is a hard-ball player in his own right.
    Last edited by SharonW; 09/25/2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: to omit whole story
    I don't think Verizon Pre users would mind a VCast app as long as they still get the Palm App catalog. Question is will they allow Amazon MP3 downloads?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Here's a usable link if you'd prefer to edit your post to not violate copyright rules:

E-Commerce News: Deals: Verizon Denies Palm Snub, Will Add Pre in January
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Nice read, but did you miss part of the content??

Maybe a teaser, and then a link to the site would have been more appropriate. Besides, then we could have seen the advertisement parts in context
    I do apologize, perhaps I should have done that. I will point out, however that the email said something to the effect of "for commercial purposes" and my intent was non commercial.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Here's a usable link if you'd prefer to edit your post to not violate copyright rules:

E-Commerce News: Deals: Verizon Denies Palm Snub, Will Add Pre in January
    thanks!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I do apologize, perhaps I should have done that. I will point out, however that the email said something to the effect of "for commercial purposes" and my intent was non commercial.
    Yeah, I never know exactly how that plays out myself, frequently teetering on the brink with the portions I copy. I generally figure if I see I warning like that, that I can, at least, copy a paragraph or two to give the gist.
    Your intent was non-commercial, but PreCentral's intent is definitely commercial (I mean, I'm assuming they do this for some kind of remuneration). Now, perhaps there's a safe harbor in there somewhere that protects PreCentral, but why take the risk?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    More from Barron's Tech Blog:

Meanwhile, I’m hearing from a trading source that Citigroup earlier this week hosted a visit to Verizon with investors at which COO Dennis Strigl indicated that the company expects to ship both the Pre and the Pixi.
    Palm: Verizon Pre Launch Still Looks Likely, Analyst Says - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I don't think Verizon Pre users would mind a VCast app as long as they still get the Palm App catalog. Question is will they allow Amazon MP3 downloads?
    The thing is Verizon's stance on the app catalogs is they want no app catalog to come preloaded with any phone that isn't a VZW app catalog. They want all manufacturer app catalogs to be side loaded by the customer after the fact.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Your intent was non-commercial, but PreCentral's intent is definitely commercial (I mean, I'm assuming they do this for some kind of remuneration). Now, perhaps there's a safe harbor in there somewhere that protects PreCentral, but why take the risk?
    agreed, and changed.