1.    #1  
    Is anyone else experiencing this issue. This issue just started today and it is driving me nuts. It has done this about 4 or 5 times today. When I close the slider my screen freaks out and then the phone goes completely dead.

This is going to be my 4th Palm Pre if I have to get it exchanged. Does anyone know if I go into Sprint to change it out would they let me just switch it for a different phone? I hope so because this phone is driving me nuts.
    Its a hardware issue (battery). Go get it exchanged (the battery).

BTW, this has been mentioned a few times. Sometimes a search will yield you all that you need to know.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This is a known issue to Palm. It happened to me a few wks after I bought my Pre. I took it to my local Sprint store , and they had been instructed by Palm to swap out the batteries. Apparently the battery connector and they Pre itself were having some issues. I have not had a priblem with it since it was swapped out.
  4.    #4  
    Actually searched my title and nothing came up prior to posting this issue, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Its a hardware issue (battery). Go get it exchanged (the battery).

BTW, this has been mentioned a few times. Sometimes a search will yield you all that you need to know.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    My Pre started turning off in my pocket and that happened every day for a week. Then it stopped and was perfect but twice when I closed the slider it shut off. Now I close the slider very gently. It turned off in my pocket again two days ago, that stinks I thought it was over that. The battery seems tight.
    I had this issue too and the fix was to replace the battery. I don't think, as has been speculated, that the problem is actually a physical battery connection. Because (prior to the fix) mine would turn off sitting on a nightstand, in addition to when closing the slider. Meanwhile, if I took the battery cover off and tried to push the battery apart from the contacts, I couldn't get the pre to shutdown. I think the problem with the battery was *not* related to the physical contact with the phone.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I had this issue too and the fix was to replace the battery. I don't think, as has been speculated, that the problem is actually a physical battery connection. Because (prior to the fix) mine would turn off sitting on a nightstand, in addition to when closing the slider. Meanwhile, if I took the battery cover off and tried to push the battery apart from the contacts, I couldn't get the pre to shutdown. I think the problem with the battery was *not* related to the physical contact with the phone.
    I agree. I had the shut down issue too. Go into a Sprint store, and ask for a replacement battery. They should give it to you gratis. Keep the old one as an emergency backup.

BTW my new battery seems to drain slower as well.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)