1.    #1  
    http://www.precentral.net/video-reco...eing-believing

Now, is it just me, or, is it just plain sad that homebrewers are tapping the Pre hardware before Palm (officially) is? I mean, come on. Next up, we'll see a homebrew port of an iPhone OpenGL game.
    it's just you
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/video-reco...eing-believing

Now, is it just me, or, is it just plain sad that homebrewers are tapping the Pre hardware before Palm (officially) is? I mean, come on. Next up, we'll see a homebrew port of an iPhone OpenGL game.
    Not until someone writes a driver for the GPU in the pre.
  4.    #4  
    One thing I'm glad about: Palm making the right decision to include powerful, current hardware in the device, even if there wasn't enough time to utilize all of it.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Something you don't seem to understand is that Palm is fixing/updating/changing things with a fixed amount of people dedicated to the Palm Pre. They are working together to solve problems and will be releasing they changes in updates. The Pre developer community is free to focus on what ever specific app/fix they deem when they deem it. So it's not hard to believe that the community has found or resolved this but I doubt it was done before Palm. Palm just either doesn't feel it's that important or plan to release it in an upcoming upgrade along with other fixes.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I would be VERY surprised if there isn't already a developer at Palm who has video working on a dev version of the camera app.
    I think it's awesome that Palm has allowed the Pre to be so "hackable" (bad word, I know). Thus, we have access to a feature years earlier in the Pre's lifecycle than it was available on another smartphone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegt View Post
    I would be VERY surprised if there isn't already a developer at Palm who has video working on a dev version of the camera app.
    I completely agree. Just cuz they haven't released it doesn't mean they don't have it working yet. Of course it wouldn't be released until they had any major bugs worked out.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think it's awesome that Palm has allowed the Pre to be so "hackable" (bad word, I know). Thus, we have access to a feature years earlier in the Pre's lifecycle than it was available on another smartphone.
    Amen! I have never understood those on here that blast Palm when the user community comes up with some software or enhancement before Palm does. By being as hacker friendly as they have, they've essentially encouraged 500K+ people to become software designers/programmers/engineers for them...and for free! Why wouldn't you want to tap that community and encourage it as much as possible?
    What a misleading thread title. When you put "confirmed" in a thread title, I take that as being confirmed by Palm, not confirmed to have the ability to do something.

But anyways, here's hoping that we officially get video recording ability someday.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Yea this thread got me scratching my head, because video recording has been enable through homebrew for a month or 2.. just gotta use that search feature
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Yea this thread got me scratching my head, because video recording has been enable through homebrew for a month or 2.. just gotta use that search feature
    Yep. Why did someone make a new thread?