Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    The last sentence in a report on BGR about VZ not picking up the Pre it said that ATT will be getting the Pre after Sprints deal is over. Is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
    The last sentence in a report on BGR about VZ not picking up the Pre it said that ATT will be getting the Pre after Sprints deal is over. Is this true?
    yes it's true.
    I personally hope every carrier has the Pre. The sooner the better.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    I personally hope every carrier has the Pre. The sooner the better.
    Agreed. If VZW isn't going to carry it then AT&T needs to. Palm needs the money for R&D of future phones. Sprint isn't going to provide enough revenue alone. The more companies that sell it the better. I hope the same thing happens with the Pixi, the more sales they get the better future devices will be.
    Hopefully, the iphone needs better competition on it's own network
    This might be a bit off topic, but do you think palm should release a device that is not a phone, like the old palm pilot devices? I think they should consider it. Considering how many iTouch's have been sold, it would make for awesome competition after the app store gets up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    This might be a bit off topic, but do you think palm should release a device that is not a phone, like the old palm pilot devices? I think they should consider it. Considering how many iTouch's have been sold, it would make for awesome competition after the app store gets up and running.
    No. It would take to much away from the development of their core product, phones. MP3 players for the most part are on a downward cycle. As more and more people start using smartphones with that capability the sales of MP3 players is going to slow way down. The Ipod Touch sells well for two reasons, #1 it is made by Apple and #2 the app store. Palm needs to stick with making their phones better and not worry about venturing out into other areas. If they don't have the manpower to get the darn video camera working they don't have any to spare.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    I personally hope Palm has the Pre unlocked. The sooner the better.
    Fixed.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here