Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I say...if you want to hurry things up....start making your own apps...learning all that code. If 1.2.1 had bugs in it, you'd complain that Palm did a rush job and didnt do QC before they released it. They decided to delay a week, so what!! If an extra week means a more stable update or special upgrades that we asked for, so be it. When it's ready....it will be ready......and only when it's ready. In the mean time, grab a newspaper and sit on the toliet for a week.....whew!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I say...if you want to hurry things up....start making your own apps...learning all that code. If 1.2.1 had bugs in it, you'd complain that Palm did a rush job and didnt do QC before they released it. They decided to delay a week, so what!! If an extra week means a more stable update or special upgrades that we asked for, so be it. When it's ready....it will be ready......and only when it's ready. In the mean time, grab a newspaper and sit on the toliet for a week.....whew!!!
    well, 1.2 has been delayed much more than a week...
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I could care less about 1.2 or any other update for that matter....never had any issues worth *****ing about other than build quality. I just want dynolicious and some sudoku and I'll probably never download another app.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWhiteRun View Post
    Any chance of a workaround on the independent side that would allow a faster sampling?
    We don't want to put full resources into the project until the capability is an official part of the SDK.

The other problem we're wrestling with is the lack of protection of source code in the SDK. As you might imagine, some parts of our code and algorithms are proprietary and competition sensitive. We're waiting to see if Palm can offer some sort of way to protect that in a future SDK build.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    The update for Evernote (which I have a premium membership to and use it often) now has a pop up that say "online mode" when you load it. Thing is, it's kinda slow. It actually froze my Pre for a second and I couldn't do anything.

Anyone else notice differences? Is there an update log for this app?
    After using it for a couple days, what I think I'm noticing is that they're using WebOS notifications more. There's that initial "online mode" notification, but I noticed a couple other new ones as well: When you edit a note and save it, there's a notification "note saved to pending uploads". Once the device syncs to the cloud, there's another notification "Synced 1 pending note(s)". I don't think either of those were in the prior version.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I very much want a skype client app for the pre. Is anyone working on a client? any road blocks that I don't know about. I am really considering buying the IM+ skype client thats being offered right now, But if someone will homebrew a nice client, I wont buy it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by quboid View Post
    I very much want a skype client app for the pre. Is anyone working on a client? any road blocks that I don't know about. I am really considering buying the IM+ skype client thats being offered right now, But if someone will homebrew a nice client, I wont buy it.....
    Road blocks- no microphone support in the current Palm SDK. Beware that the IM+ Skype client for the Pre will use up your Skype Out minutes and your phone minutes.
    sweet
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123