Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Everything is pretty much useleses, hopefully we will see an updated today, comon palm quit wasting our time.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    I'm really hoping that once the paid app store comes, it will be QUALITY over QUANTITY. It's time to break free from the "Oh it's just like the iPhone" status and this is how Palm should do it.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Nothing but homebrew apps? I'm happy for them but dang!!!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Everything is pretty much useleses, hopefully we will see an updated today, comon palm quit wasting our time.
    As soon as 1.2 is out you will start complaining where is 1.3.

For a brief time the 1.2 announcement was on the Sprint site. Then was pulled. There was probably a problem found in the upgrade that stopped its release.

Don't you think Palm and Sprint would release it if it was 100% ready,

I would rather have a bug free upgrade than one that may cause problems.

Can't tell you how many time a MS upgrade has caused problems on my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    As soon as 1.2 is out you will start complaining where is 1.3.

For a brief time the 1.2 announcement was on the Sprint site. Then was pulled. There was probably a problem found in the upgrade that stopped its release.

Don't you think Palm and Sprint would release it if it was 100% ready,

I would rather have a bug free upgrade than one that may cause problems.

Can't tell you how many time a MS upgrade has caused problems on my PC.
    Are you suggesting that 1.2 will be bug free? If not your post does not make much sense. If you are suggesting that 1.2 will be bug free that's a huge bet of confidence...
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Are you suggesting that 1.2 will be bug free? If not your post does not make much sense. If you are suggesting that 1.2 will be bug free that's a huge bet of confidence...
    Absolutely no software is released bug free these days, but if they find a high priority bug, then they have to fix it before release.

Anyway, for those wondering, we're now up to 97 apps. Found it interesting that YPMobile for Palm Pre was written by "AT&T Interactive" too.
    Yes you are, palm needs to get a move on and get actaul developers to pump out some apps. What is this they are just converting the hombrew stuff into their store and that's it.
    Are you implying that the Homebrew developers are not actual developers? Also Palm has been inundated with app submissions. The ones you want probably won't come out till the paid app catalog is out.
    Yes you are, palm needs to get a move on and get actaul developers to pump out some apps. What is this they are just converting the hombrew stuff into their store and that's it.
    get some fresh air, talk to your friends, watch tv, or how about using some appz on your desktop pc/mac instead of wasting your time hitting refresh and complaining about palm .
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    The update for Evernote (which I have a premium membership to and use it often) now has a pop up that say "online mode" when you load it. Thing is, it's kinda slow. It actually froze my Pre for a second and I couldn't do anything.

Anyone else notice differences? Is there an update log for this app?
    I also noticed the "online mode" notification. This makes me wonder if we now have an offline mode? This would be a MAJOR improvement, guaranteeing that you can get to your notes (as of last sync) even if you don't have a good network connection.

The new version has an oh-so-intriguing "Refresh Caches" choice which also suggests an off-line mode. I don't remember that choice in the last version - can anyone who hasn't updated yet check whether that was there?

Edit: I tried dropping into Airplane Mode with Evernote open, then trying to open a note to test whether there's now an offline mode. I get a new card with title and the details tab (which works, showing tags, creation date, etc), but the body of the note doesn't fill in. Seems like these details are what's being cached, perhaps to make searches go faster.

If I startup Evernote in Airplane mode, it tells me I'm in offline mode, but nothing is displayed in the notes list. Guess we're still waiting for a usable offline mode.
    Last edited by dwhitman; 09/25/2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: extra info
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I also noticed the "online mode" notification. This makes me wonder if we now have an offline mode? This would be a MAJOR improvement, guaranteeing that you can get to your notes (as of last sync) even if you don't have a good network connection.

The new version has an oh-so-intriguing "Refresh Caches" choice which also suggests an off-line mode. I don't remember that choice in the last version - can anyone who hasn't updated yet check whether that was there?
    yea, it froze on me while trying to load my notes. To be honest, I like the app but I HATE the "loading" part of it. I will usually just email myself notes to my Evernote email. You should try that. Saves a lot of time and battery life as well

Oh yea...(and not to make some sort iphone versus pre discussion) but have you seen Evernote for the iPhone? It's VERY NICE. If you have a friend that has an iPhone, have them download it and check it out for yourself. I have it on my iPod Touch and I have to tell you, it leaves me scratching my head to why the Palm Pre version is not as fluid or animated as the iPhone version.
    Shouldn't the title be old apps, new place. Long live homebrew
    I feel pretty cheated being an automotive enthusiast and not having any applications geared toward my hobby. I wish palm would update the sampling rate of the motion sensor in the pre so that some really neat programs like dynolicious could be released. I would also love to see an app that would allow gps tracking to measure fuel economy by distance and maybe even speed. Sigh...I'm sure they'll come around.
    Quote Originally Posted by CWhiteRun View Post
    I feel pretty cheated being an automotive enthusiast and not having any applications geared toward my hobby. I wish palm would update the sampling rate of the motion sensor in the pre so that some really neat programs like dynolicious could be released. I would also love to see an app that would allow gps tracking to measure fuel economy by distance and maybe even speed. Sigh...I'm sure they'll come around.
    I mean this as a serious question- why exactly do you need greater than four samples per second for a program like that?
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWhiteRun View Post
    These are the types of apps my dev shop has developed for the iPhone, and they have been well received (one focuses on vehicle performance, the other on eco-driving, both using the accelerometer). Sadly, there are a couple key issues keeping them off the Pre right now, which is unfortunate -- we were hoping to be the first on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I mean this as a serious question- why exactly do you need greater than four samples per second for a program like that?
    You have to integrate (ie, Calculus) acceleration with respect to time to back out velocity, distance, and power. The accuracy and error involved in this type of integration is directly proportional to the timestep (1/frequency). 4Hz results in a time step of 0.25 seconds, which is not even usable for automotive applications -- the response is too low and the error would be horrendous (think about how far a car travels in 0.25 seconds at high speed).

You really need at least 50-100Hz (timesteps of 0.01-0.02 sec).
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    You have to integrate (ie, Calculus) acceleration with respect to time to back out velocity, distance, and power. The accuracy and error involved in this type of integration is directly proportional to the timestep (1/frequency). 4Hz results in a time step of 0.25 seconds, which is not even usable for automotive applications -- the response is too low and the error would be horrendous (think about how far a car travels in 0.25 seconds at high speed).

You really need at least 50-100Hz (timesteps of 0.01-0.02 sec).
    Any chance of a workaround on the independent side that would allow a faster sampling?
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    These are the types of apps my dev shop has developed for the iPhone, and they have been well received (one focuses on vehicle performance, the other on eco-driving, both using the accelerometer). Sadly, there are a couple key issues keeping them off the Pre right now, which is unfortunate -- we were hoping to be the first on the Pre.
    Your crew probably will be the first considering the rate things are flowing....although it may be six months from now.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast