Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Mine isn't shutting off because of a closed slider. It's just randomly shutting off. Same thing you think?

And this was a recent build of the phone....
    I think it's a lot less likely, but possible. Again, it's pretty easy to test. Try the paper wedge fix. If that fixes it, then that's the problem. If that doesn't fix it, you're not out any money, you haven't done any damage, and you know that you need to return your phone for an exchange.
    The problem is, is that I don't think there's that gap that other people have. It looks well-seated.

And I got this, I think my sixth Pre....the first week of September. For an issue like this, do I still need to get the return done within thirty days or since it's a hardware defect the thirty days wont apply?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    ...do I still need to get the return done within thirty days or since it's a hardware defect the thirty days wont apply?
    That's a question that only Sprint or Palm could answer with authority, but in general, a defective unit can be replaced with minimal fuss.

None the less, TRY the paper. If it doesn't work, you're out nothing, and you might save yourself quite a bit of headache.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I've had it happen a few times with my phone as well. If I bought from Best Buy, is it still possible to take it to the Sprint store to have them replace the batteries, or do I need to take it back to best Buy?
    The new pre's have a tiny thin black piece of foam under the pull tab to keep the battery tighter. I wouldnt bother turning the phone in for this. Just stick a tiny piece of foam tape in there or something else. Its dum but it happend to all the first ones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12