1.    #1  
    on Amazon Pre $99.- now

Amazon.com: Palm Pre Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Service
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Price: $99.99 (with new service plan)

Sprint 2-year Contract (One-time $36 activation fee applies to each line of service.)
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Hopefully we can get some of them Verizon users.
    So Palm cut the Pre price yet again, what does it mean? Poor sales?

Your thoughts?

Palm Pre Drops to $99.99 at Amazon
    Good for me. Gonna pick one up for my gf soon.
    I don't think it necessary means much of anything. Amazon keeps their lights on by selling things cheaper than most of their competition, and selling it in big enough volume to make up for the narrow margin. They're not event he first to offer it for $99.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mencho View Post
    So Palm cut the Pre price yet again, what does it mean? Poor sales?

Your thoughts?

Palm Pre Drops to $99.99 at Amazon
    And the Blackberry Tour just dropped to $49.99.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Tour 9630 Phone, Black (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Service

It means the smart phone/telecom wars ARE ON!

RIM also reported that it would launch its new products late Q3, meaning near the end of Nov. as well as reporting lowered guidance for Q3, and after that nasty rumor from Verizon, all hell is breaking loose in the telecom/smart phone wars. And the winners are US, the consumer!
    Ohhhh yeah, late night owls jump on this, this seems to be very cheap and might not last a while .
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Also, Amazon just recently launched their cell phone shop and I believe their entire aim, the total goal of their overall strategy for their site, is to become the Walmart of the internet.

And so far, they're doing it. Not only am I getting great bargains in every category, a lot of different special offers are going on, too. Just bought Halo 3 ODST for my son's birthday and got a $10 off my next purchase of another video game. Also got a $5 worth of MP3s for text books purchases. Every time I turn around they're giving me something for less.
    Besides the form factor, at this price point, why would anyone pick the Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    Besides the form factor, at this price point, why would anyone pick the Pixi?
    Because that means the Pixi will be sold for $50?
    Only for new customers, or can renewals jump on this deal at Amazon too?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I don't understand why people see this as being such a big war. They could pay me to take a Pre, I still wouldn't. I desperately want the thing, but $70/month is just too much for me to pay for a phone. I pay $100/month for cable, internet, and landline phone service.

What's the price difference between what we consider an expensive phone and a cheap phone? $200 = expensive, $50 = cheap, right? So that's $150. My current phone Sprint bill is $35/month (basic plan plus $15 power vision), so that's $35/month less than the minimum I'll pay with a Pre. So in 4 months, I'll have already paid back to Sprint what I would have saved even if they sell me the phone for $50. But I'd be stuck on a 2-year contract.

My point is, people make a big deal over these price cuts for these phones, but the real savings don't come with the price of the phone dropping, they come when the price of a plan goes down.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flan View Post
    I don't understand why people see this as being such a big war. They could pay me to take a Pre, I still wouldn't. I desperately want the thing, but $70/month is just too much for me to pay for a phone. I pay $100/month for cable, internet, and landline phone service.

What's the price difference between what we consider an expensive phone and a cheap phone? $200 = expensive, $50 = cheap, right? So that's $150. My current phone Sprint bill is $35/month (basic plan plus $15 power vision), so that's $35/month less than the minimum I'll pay with a Pre. So in 4 months, I'll have already paid back to Sprint what I would have saved even if they sell me the phone for $50. But I'd be stuck on a 2-year contract.

My point is, people make a big deal over these price cuts for these phones, but the real savings don't come with the price of the phone dropping, they come when the price of a plan goes down.
    $70 is fairly cheap compared to other carriers with their everything plan. But whats really good with price dropping after how many months of its release?
    Sprint is the cheapest out of the major cell services. I think now be good time to jump on, sure you have a great cheap plan but it doesn't matter if you don't like your phone. Should get a phone that will take advantage of the plan your using.
  16. J0E
    Damn it, I just got my pre for $150 at Best Buy and I thought THAT was a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Only for new customers, or can renewals jump on this deal at Amazon too?
    +1 I'm eligible for an upgrade but it looks like the Zon offer is only good for new lines of service.

OADN, if you buy Pre on Amazon but experience an issue with it, does it have to be exchanged through Amazon or can you take it to a Corporate store for exchange?
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    does anyone knows how to get this price for existing account ( eligible for 2 year contract).
    I ordered mine from Amazon on the 1st with the 2 day delivery. Now it says that delivery won't be until the 15th. I emailed them and they told me they're waiting on the new shipment, even though it says in stock on the site.