Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    Got something interesting that happens with my Pre.

    About every 1/3 time I place my Pre to charge on the Touchstone, the screen will light up, it may (or may not) say charging battery and when I unlock the phone, it'll have the lighting bolt on the battery indicating that its charging.

    In actuality, what I found is that the charged amount does not change, I'll remove the phone off the Touchstone and the lightning bolt icon stays on indicating that it's charging. I'll reboot the phone and lo and behold, I'll have voicemails that show up from calls that never came through and my battery will be about 30% (or whatever) even though it may have been "charging" for hours.

    Anyone ever experience this before?
  2. #2  
    I'm having an issue with charging on the Touchstone as well. Have run 2 different batteries to zero overnight. At some point the charging stops, but the lightning bolt over the battery remains, and the phone discharges itself as time marches on.

    Taking it off the Touchtone and plugging the wall charger into the USB port does not result in charging, until I either reboot the phone, or leave it away from any charger for 20-40 minutes (still troubleshooting this part).

    At first I thought it was a problem with my new Seidio 1350 battery, but then it did the same thing with the original Palm battery, and I noticed that the "charging" lightning bolt stayed on even when the phone was unplugged/away from the Touchstone, and that it wouldn't pop up the "Charging Battery' line at the bottom of the screen when plugged in or put back down on the Touchstone.

    As part of this I got to see the full screen cord and electric plug graphic, and the full screen run down battery & lightening bolt graphic, which aren't described in any of the documentation or the Palm support web site.
  3. #3  
    I am having this same issue, since i upgraded to the newest OS version. Each and every time I use the Touchstone overnight, the phone freezes up by morning. Half of the time, I wake up to find my pre is stuck on the "palm" startup screen (not pulsing as normal). I am unable to restart the phone and have to pull the battery.

    The other half of the time, the phone will either be temporarily stuck on the touchstone screen or will appear to function normally except:

    1. The quickstart button will pull up the menu, but I am unable to scroll to the side (up and down work fine). I can use the the up gesture to make the menu go away as normal.

    2. When trying to start an app from the quickstart menu, I will touch the logo and the app will never launch. The same thing happens from the home screen trying to launch the phone/email/etc.

    I have reset the phone in all 3 ways that I am able from the menu. The diagnostics do not find anything wrong with the phone. The problem still persists!

    I have always had sporatic "reset" issues; ie. using the phone normally, most of the time with only one card open, the phone will freeze up and go to the "palm" startup screen and reset itself (no error code or message). I have had the phone since late June, so I don't think its still under warranty, what should I do???
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard95 View Post
    I'm having an issue with charging on the Touchstone as well. Have run 2 different batteries to zero overnight. At some point the charging stops, but the lightning bolt over the battery remains, and the phone discharges itself as time marches on.

    Taking it off the Touchtone and plugging the wall charger into the USB port does not result in charging, until I either reboot the phone, or leave it away from any charger for 20-40 minutes (still troubleshooting this part).

    At first I thought it was a problem with my new Seidio 1350 battery, but then it did the same thing with the original Palm battery, and I noticed that the "charging" lightning bolt stayed on even when the phone was unplugged/away from the Touchstone, and that it wouldn't pop up the "Charging Battery' line at the bottom of the screen when plugged in or put back down on the Touchstone.

    As part of this I got to see the full screen cord and electric plug graphic, and the full screen run down battery & lightening bolt graphic, which aren't described in any of the documentation or the Palm support web site.
    Same problem here. Charging battery icon remains after I remove it from the Touchstone. Battery drained to 30% overnight. Only way to get the proper battery icon has been to reset the phone--have sometimes had to remove the battery to reset. I've also had the problem of the battery icon disappearing in the middle of the day. Weird. Don't know if this was related to having Brightness Unlinked so I uninstalled that program to see what happens. I have had the problems since using it though so it seems a reasonable possible cause.
  5. dandadan's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #5  
    I had many of the same issues with my Touchstone. Not charging, sticking in Touchstone mode, unreliable charging, lockups, etc. Your not going to believe how simple it is to solve.

    I contacted the vendor where it was purchased, got a RMA and sent it back. A technician told me nearly 50% of the units are being sent back. Great track record! No wonder you are having problems. Send it back before you are stuck with an expensive paperweight.

    It did solve the problem 100%.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandadan View Post
    I had many of the same issues with my Touchstone. Not charging, sticking in Touchstone mode, unreliable charging, lockups, etc. Your not going to believe how simple it is to solve.

    I contacted the vendor where it was purchased, got a RMA and sent it back. A technician told me nearly 50% of the units are being sent back. Great track record! No wonder you are having problems. Send it back before you are stuck with an expensive paperweight.

    It did solve the problem 100%.
    Just did this. Too many problems since I got the Touchstone! Erratic charging, lockups, inifinite charging/not charging loops, etc. Hoping to fix this with a HOPEFULLY good replacement.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Just did this. Too many problems since I got the Touchstone! Erratic charging, lockups, inifinite charging/not charging loops, etc. Hoping to fix this with a HOPEFULLY good replacement.
    I have the same problem detailed above. I got mine at a Sprint store last August. I assume they will allow me to return it???

    It is odd how it can discharge the battery at a record rate. I usually place it on the charger at night when it has 90-100% charge and in the morning I find it at 5-10%. If I don't put it on the Touchstone, it will show 75% in the morning. This means the Touchstone is discharging my battery.

Posting Permissions