Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it me our is Palm on a serious losing streak. I don't know about you but i'm disappointed in all the recent news. Palm needs to communicate with their customers. I would say better but Palm has done very little on the PRPRPR $front$. $We$ $get$ $more$ $rumors$ $than$ $official$ $responses$ $from$ $Palm$. $Can$ $we$ $at$ $least$ $get$ $a$ $press$ $release$ $or$ $something$? $Between$ $twitter$ $and$ $precentral$ $the$ $overall$ $customer$ $atmosphere$ $is$ $not$ $too$ $good$.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I want 16 year olds to stop making threads.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_h2Me8fvn0D...hreadSucks.jpg
    Last edited by MaxLOL; 09/24/2009 at 11:28 PM.
    this time last week they had all the great news....More pre sales than expected, more stock, cramer saying buy buy buy... new carrier launches....remember its a marathon right now,not a sprint...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    this time last week they had all the great news....More pre sales than expected, more stock, cramer saying buy buy buy... new carrier launches....its a marathon...not a sprint...
    Cramer?? The same guy that said buy stock in AIG and Goldman Sachs
    [QUOTE=MaxLOL;1918909]I want 16 year olds to stop making threads.

Leave the guy alone. I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said at all.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    neither do i

they're taking alot of time to do something. if it's iTunes sync, that's disappointing because they've shown they're willing to put out an incremental update to fix something if they feel its important (e-mail loophole)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    patience is a virtue rarely practiced
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I want 16 year olds to stop making threads.

Your response is the opposite of mature. The point I was making is that Palm doesn't need a lot to be "in the game". More communication about whats go on with the updates and app catalog will go along way.
    I'm putting a heavy buy notice on bear sterns
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    patience is a virtue rarely practiced
    ...and some sayings are just overated clichés. They keep saying this phone is so easy to program for and it has SO much potential. Then y didn't we get the basic functions? I don't know if you follow sports, but a rookie with ALL potential and NO action is a bust in most people's books.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Your response is the opposite of mature. The point I was making is that Palm doesn't need a lot to be "in the game". More communication about whats go on with the updates and app catalog will go along way.
    Although I would not hold his reply to any high status, the "Is it me our is Palm on a serious losing streak." doesn't really sound any better. I would not exactly say Palm is on a losing streak. If anything, I would say Sprint is on a winning streak and Verizon is on a losing streak. Consider all of the complaints about crap gimped phones, expensive calling plans and now not willing to carry the Palm Pre.

So with all of this said, the answer to your questions is yes, it is just you.
    i'd put $1 dollar on it, that after the usb-if's letter palm needed to go back and change the iphone spoof in order to not lose their USB cert's. I could be wrong here, but hell its only a dollar. Either way, palm responded to the USB-IF letter and responded to the verizon rumor. All in all, they have been responsive(chuq?). The delay in the app catalog and the update can't really be called a delay, because they never committed to releasing it on a certain date....although that does not make the bitterness of a slow palm thursday any better....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I'm let down that we didn't get any update on the phone today. Granted there was no official date, its been awhile now since we've heard anything from Palm regarding what to expect in the upcoming release. I'm aware we already know thanks to sprints premature release notes. But I wish Palm themselves would be more open with the community about these things.
    Why don't we all buy iPhone 3GS's because it is way better and Apple + App Store = perfect right?

Oh Wait.....

Just give Palm some time. webOS is at version 1.1 right now and the company is VERY small. The content is not going to be exploding like a river with a busted dam just yet.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I think it's important to note that Palm hasn't made any official statements whatsoever to the Pre user base about when or if the next update will be released, nor what it will include. They've not officially stated when the App Catalog will be out of beta nor when it will start offering paid apps.

It's not incumbent upon Palm, nor is it particularly smart, to debunk every rumor that runs through the mill. First, it would take resources away from more productive efforts, and second, Palm would therefore be making official statements where they don't want to make them.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    People talk like the Pre Central forum is the absolute will of the Pre userbase. I know 5 people with Pres and I'm the only one on here. This is a special interest, developer, and ****** forum and the desires of the people on here do not and will not direct Palm PRPRPR $strategy$.

90% of the conversation on this board has become people complaining that Palm hasn't followed through on some sort of a promise that they never actually made. Calm down, if the phone is so terrible that it's worth condemning the company because of any of the things listed in the thread title, you just need to return it and get a feature phone or something.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    People talk like the Pre Central forum is the absolute will of the Pre userbase. I know 5 people with Pres and I'm the only one on here. This is a special interest, developer, and ****** forum and the desires of the people on here do not and will not direct Palm PRPRPR $strategy$.

90% of the conversation on this board has become people complaining that Palm hasn't followed through on some sort of a promise that they never actually made. Calm down, if the phone is so terrible that it's worth condemning the company because of any of the things listed in the thread title, you just need to return it and get a feature phone or something.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Is it me our is Palm on a serious losing streak. I don't know about you but i'm disappointed in all the recent news. Palm needs to communicate with their customers. I would say better but Palm has done very little on the PRPRPR $front$. $We$ $get$ $more$ $rumors$ $than$ $official$ $responses$ $from$ $Palm$. $Can$ $we$ $at$ $least$ $get$ $a$ $press$ $release$ $or$ $something$? $Between$ $twitter$ $and$ $precentral$ $the$ $overall$ $customer$ $atmosphere$ $is$ $not$ $too$ $good$.
    Go away troll.
    No Verizon. No USB Group support. No updates. No app catalog
    Could do with no people like you, too. That'd make things much more enjoyable and far less gloomy.
    my virus detection noticed that the jpg file thisthreadsucks.jpg has a virus. You may want to clean this up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast