Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    hi im a week old pre owner and i was wondering if i should wait until the new webos comes out to install the onscreen keyboard and preware etc.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvalen85 View Post
    hi im a week old pre owner and i was wondering if i should wait until the new webos comes out to install the onscreen keyboard and preware etc.
    Feel free to install preware and take advantage of homebrew apps now, but wait on the tweaks.. (you could always put them on and remove them though)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yes for the keyboard, preware should be fine.. just don't install any patches.
    imho the onscreen keyboard has a long way to go ... its Not really even usable now ... alot of stuff doesnt work right like trying to "go back " or delete a character you type ... i would wait ... i have it and i dont even use it ...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    yeah im really getting used to the regular keyboard now and kinda cool sliding it..but there are alot of nice homebrew apps i wanna check out..now in order to get me to use homebrew apps i have to do the whole devolper mode thing and get prebrew etc..
  6. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvalen85 View Post
    yeah im really getting used to the regular keyboard now and kinda cool sliding it..but there are alot of nice homebrew apps i wanna check out..now in order to get me to use homebrew apps i have to do the whole devolper mode thing and get prebrew etc..
    yes, but if you follow the instructions it's really a smooth and simple process.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Homebrew apps aren't a problem, just put the phone into developer mode, plug it in via USB and "Just Charge" Mode, then run WebOS Quick Install and put the Preware program on your phone and go from there. There's much better instructions in the homebrew section.

you DON'T need ot remove the Homebrew apps when upgrading to 1.2
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Regarding the virtrual keyboard, back space and enter doesn't work in the browser, but they do in any app you use. It's great with twitter and facebook for typing short comments. I use the physical keyboard for long messages and texts.

IMHO I would go ahead and install it now. It will not be safer to install after 1.2.1 so might as well learn the system now. Don't install via root though, the uninstall can be tedious. Use Preware.
    The newest keyboard doesn't pop up as easy as before with older builds. Is there a trick to it?
    Dunkin

the keyboard is a patch lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Dunkin

the keyboard is a patch lol
    15 Hour workday + 4 Hours of sleep = I should not answer questions, Thank you for correcting my mistake.

However quote my post alone next time, not the amount of times I have posted in a public forum. That alone means nothing.

Have a great day