1.    #1  
    Soo as the title says I got my pre replaced at the sprint store today and totally forgot to reset the old one before I gave it to the guy. Now my question is does your phone work without an active palm profile? Do the people at the store have the ability to read though my old emails?

Ohh and I know I'm a moron for not remembering but I was too worried about the build quality of my refurbished pre and forgot to reset the device.

Thanks everybody!
    Without an active profile the Pre is a paperweight and a new profile would cause it to format. There is a guy here who shut off his sprint service but kept the pre. Now his Pre is basically a paperweight.
    Ok, so no new info / emails. But what about the old pics / emails / texts / contacts that were already on the phone?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Yes they can read old emails...and probably new ones using wifi if you haven't changed your password. But don't flatter yourself, no one cares about your contacts =p

If you don't reset your Pre you can still boot into the OS just fine, it just obviously won't make calls.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I am in the procesd of wiping my old pre as well (it is getting mailed back monday). I am thinking of just webOS doctoring it to be safe...
    I did the same thing with my first Pre
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Yup. Sprint doesn't erase them. I asked them to but they said there's no need to, I had to leave and didn't want to get into an argument.

And the funny thing, on my refurb, someone elses account was logged into Pandora. Haven't found anything else, but I'd definitely recommend wiping it yourself before you hand it over to Sprint.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I thought that there was a feature that if you lost your phone that you could log into your Palm account and remotely wipe your phone? Why don't you give that a try, or am I way off on my thinking??
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Yup. Sprint doesn't erase them. I asked them to but they said there's no need to, I had to leave and didn't want to get into an argument.

And the funny thing, on my refurb, someone elses account was logged into Pandora. Haven't found anything else, but I'd definitely recommend wiping it yourself before you hand it over to Sprint.
    Had the same thing here, even had someone elses email addy in the device info. After another reset.. it was gone!

Methinks someone turned in a pre with some content his significant other didnt want anyone else to see
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    Methinks someone turned in a pre with some content his significant other didnt want anyone else to see
    Haha that made me laugh. But I changed my yahoo and gmail passwords and when it trys to refresh your list you can only see like the last 10 emails which im totally okay with. What a relief.

As far as pandora goes whoever gets my old pre is blessed with my musical tastes.

I like this forum. Thanks for your help guys.

Ohh and if people have this issue the guy at the store told me that they reset the pres before they go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    I thought that there was a feature that if you lost your phone that you could log into your Palm account and remotely wipe your phone? Why don't you give that a try, or am I way off on my thinking??
    That's correct but the phone needs to be activated for it to work. It may work if its deactivated and has a wifi connection but I'm not sure...either way it needs data access
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    You can only remote wipe your active Palm Pre, when the new Pre is activated, the option to remote wipe from your old Palm Pre is removed.
    The phones don't necessarily get wiped at the store, but once they are sent back to Palm they are totally wiped and refurbished. If it is a service and repair store they are supposed to wipe devices before sending them back out. I don't know if S&R locations can open the Pre yet however, last time I checked they still had to send them back to Palm.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)