Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    By visiting the app store, it will tell you if it needs an update by having a little blue star on the app (is it a star?)

Or, click Updates and usually it will tell you there's an update available.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    and you can use the update app without updating your phone? i know it's not out but i don't want to accidentally start downloading a webOS update and mess up my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by vangogh35 View Post
    and you can use the update app without updating your phone? i know it's not out but i don't want to accidentally start downloading a webOS update and mess up my phone
    ur phone doesn't start downloading anything by itself
    You can use the update app, even if there is a webOS update. The webOS update, even if it shows up, will not start downloading and install itself unless prompted. It will, however, do it over time, but you can cancel it.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Quote Originally Posted by dakalter69 View Post
    It might be because developers have to resubmit there apps again for todays/this months paid app. store update so it might be glitching out and showing updates when there isn't one. maybe?
    Not true, Palm decided not to do that and to just move them over .
    Tapping foot impatiently....this sucks.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    If sprint's holding up the update because palm gave them 1.2.1 (with .1 fixing itunes sync), but sprint needing 2 weeks to test it, then I'm not happy.. -m
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    If sprint's holding up the update because palm gave them 1.2.1 (with .1 fixing itunes sync), but sprint needing 2 weeks to test it, then I'm not happy.. -m
    Be sure to send Palm the update schedule you'd like them to use, as not to upset you in the future.
    i'm getting "unable to connect, try again later" for phone updates right now.

Anyone else?
    App catalog is unavaiable and so is the update app
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    i'm getting "unable to connect, try again later" for phone updates right now.

Anyone else?
    same here. *hopin' and a wishin'*
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    The same
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    could it be!!??
  14. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    could it be!!??
    No, its a cruel trick
    No apps and no update available. Try back later... This has to be it...
    Okay... so it was a cruel trick... Phone up to date.
    For the millionth time, the App Catalog or Updates app 'going down' or seeming to means absolutely nothing with regards to updates going active. Apple is the only company out there who takes things down entirely before updates.
    Oh well maybe next Thursday...
    Maybe since Palm got spanked by the USB-IF in regards to iTunes, maybe they had to delay to modify their update and remove their next iTunes hack?

Just a thought.

USB Standards Group: Okay for Apple's iTunes to Block Palm Pre | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
    We are savages.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast