1.    #1  
    My Pre screen broke and the touch feature no longer works. I have received the replacement and everything came over except for my pictures. When I plug in the broken phone to my PC I can not choose USB option due to the touch screen being non responsive.
    Anybody have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    It may be too late for this, but did you set up your Pre so you can get to the linux OS?

If you did, you can follow the instructions for installing SFTP, and use that to pull your files off the phone. That's what I had to do when my screen went.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    It may be too late for this, but did you set up your Pre so you can get to the linux OS?

If you did, you can follow the instructions for installing SFTP, and use that to pull your files off the phone. That's what I had to do when my screen went.
    No I did not. Do I need the touch screen function to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    No I did not. Do I need the touch screen function to do this?
    If you have developer mode on, then you could still install SSH/STFP on the phone and extract your pictures.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    If you have developer mode on, then you could still install SSH/STFP on the phone and extract your pictures.
    I think it is still in DEV mode! Is there a link that tells me how to do what you are saying?
    Although I work in I.T. I do not deal with Linux or programming.
  6.    #6  
    I wonder if I could pull the photos if I new the correct path using this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by floridadomer; 09/25/2009 at 09:59 AM.
    That is possible if you can give the filename of the photo, but I highly doubt you could. Photos taken by the Pre's camera are stored in "media/internal/DCIM/" (or "media/internal/.DCIM", I'm not sure atm). Sadly, you need to know the filename to extract it. To install SFTP you will need root access.

Refer to:
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

For SFTP installation:
    Setup SFTP - WebOS Internals

If you want help with this, then message me (look at my signature). I will be busy until Sunday though. I can help Saturday morning as well (I'm Eastern time).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have seen this answered in a diferent thread. but I'm new to using forums so I couldn't find it for you. So look around in "Problem Help (TOUCHSCREEN)" your phone will turn on in usb mode
    Last edited by 2ndpre; 09/25/2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: found thread title