Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    i get people's angst with verizon- their phone choices suck, they are slow to get new phones and update what they have, and their pricing is CRAZY.

But i dont get all this constant whining about locking down and crippling the phones. All the newer phones since like Jan of this year (and even a handfull of older phones that have gotten firmware updates) have open gps. There's phones with wifi despite what many like to say. My current WM phone (with wifi) has a single verizon icon on it to install vzappzone- dont sprint phone's come with crapware icon's too? Recently there's like one HTC phone I heard of where verizon skimped and got it spec'd with crappier harware then the sprint version- beyond that have there been lots of examples that people think there's some office of the phone spec killer at VZW HQ?

So if palm does get the pre or pixi on verizon I really doubt there will be any significant changes from the sprint version. As above it will take much longer to get, I dont trust them to allow palm to do updates as often with their "extensive testing", and the plans will cost an arm and a leg more. But i dont see them telling palm to disable this or that, or to give them less memory or do anything else crippling to the current model pre.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I think there's a very likely possibility that the telephone game has occured:

... But people close to the discussions say Verizon has decided not to support the Pre.

Sources did say that Verizon could be more delicate about the decision and order just a small amount of Pre phones with no intention of lending much marketing support.

define "support". Does that mean "prop up" or promote? Spent add money on it rather than the BOGO blackberry deal that they seem to love? Then the second part of the quote describes the situation exactly.

I could see that- they were hoping that sprint had the next iphone on their hands. And while the pre may have done pretty well at sprint, it's not a game changer like the iphone so verizon probably just figures on sticking it in the pile of non-rim phones they have in the stores that they dont bother to push at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdini View Post
    Verizon is completely missing the boat lately.
    I hear ya. Recapturing the position of largest cell phone company in the US, industry-high profits during an economic downturn, and continued lowest churn rate in the industry all indicate how clueless VZW is at running a business. They're doomed!

Unlike Sprint - which has more PDA phones.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    i've said it many times before- the guy in charge of verizon's phone selection and firmware should be fired and replaced with the guy in charge of the network.

Hopefully the 2nd in command in charge of the network could hold the momemtum there.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567