Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Verizon will repent.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Good news if this is true, should help get some more Pre fans over from Verizon. Sprint needs everything they can get right now.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I may be mistaken but Verizon never officially claimed they were getting the Pre, and this latest release that their deciding against it is pure speculation.
    Nothing official.

Don't believe the hype!
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I may be mistaken but Verizon never officially claimed they were getting the Pre, and this latest release that their deciding against it is pure speculation.
    Nothing official.

Don't believe the hype!
    There may have never been a press release. But their CEO said on several occasions that they were getting the pre, or a pre like device.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Verizon would ruin the Pre and Palm won't allow that anyway...they are match made in hell. Palm should start talks with T-Mobile considering they might merge with Sprint anyway.
    No merger with Sprint...
    Rumors that Deutsche Telekom (DT) might pursue a bid for Sprint (S) continue to fade. Sprint Likely To Go It Alone (Updated) - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

I had a feeling that Both Verizon ans at&t were making their comments before the Pre launch to keep customers from leaving their networks for the Pre.

From what I have read People that switched to Sprint for the Pre are VERY happy. Good phone/Good Service/Best Price plans
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Verizon just doesn't want to support yet another open platform, they love to lock down their phones to sell Verizon-only apps and will already have their hands full Verizon-izing the Android OS.
    Ditto this.
    Why Limit yourself
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    No merger with Sprint...
    Rumors that Deutsche Telekom (DT) might pursue a bid for Sprint (S) continue to fade. Sprint Likely To Go It Alone (Updated) - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

I had a feeling that Both Verizon ans at&t were making their comments before the Pre launch to keep customers from leaving their networks for the Pre.

From what I have read People that switched to Sprint for the Pre are VERY happy. Good phone/Good Service/Best Price plans
    Love the phone. I am paying only about $15-$20/month more than on Verizon, but I had no data on Verizon and I am also getting 100 more minutes. Service ... well, not so good but from comments I have read elsewhere part of that may be the Pre itself. I know I lose coverage in areas where the maps say I should have full service.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Nothing official.

Don't believe the hype!
    Verizon Reportedly Spurns The Palm Pre - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Verizon (VZ) has decided not to support the Palm (PALM) Pre, according to TheStreet.com, which cites “people close to the discussions” between the two companies. While neither company had ever said that Verizon would sell the Pre, there has been a widespread view that sometime in 2010 Palm would expand distribution of the Pre beyond Sprint (S) to additional U.S. carriers, in particular Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Love the phone. I am paying only about $15-$20/month more than on Verizon, but I had no data on Verizon and I am also getting 100 more minutes. Service ... well, not so good but from comments I have read elsewhere part of that may be the Pre itself. I know I lose coverage in areas where the maps say I should have full service.
    Off topic:
    Try the roam-only tweak in webOSQuickInstall 'Tweaks' menu and get yourself to raom on VZW when needed.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Interesting that they are only noting the "Pre" not WebOS. What does this mean? Well, it could mean that Sprint is holding on to the exclusive rights to the Pre, and that Verizon will be getting their own customer WebOS device (complete with an app that supports their store)...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Off topic:
    Try the roam-only tweak in webOSQuickInstall 'Tweaks' menu and get yourself to raom on VZW when needed.
    I applied it today actually. Now if we could roam with EVDO...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Off topic:
    Make sure your phone is not set to Sprint only or it will not roam.
    I went from Florida to the Great Smokey Mountains in Tennessee and had signal all the way either Sprint or Roaming. Only time I had no signal was while hiking in the mountains.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Why does Palm not try to go after AT&T if VZ does not want them. Yes I know CDMA/GSM but they are making a GSM version for overseas. AT&T is lacking on new phones right now with no Android nor Pre type phones. There is life after the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    Interesting that they are only noting the "Pre" not WebOS. What does this mean? Well, it could mean that Sprint is holding on to the exclusive rights to the Pre, and that Verizon will be getting their own customer WebOS device (complete with an app that supports their store)...
    Don't count on it... sounds like Verizon wants to control the phone same reason Verizon did not get the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    Verizon Reportedly Spurns The Palm Pre - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Verizon (VZ) has decided not to support the Palm (PALM) Pre, according to TheStreet.com, which cites “people close to the discussions” between the two companies. While neither company had ever said that Verizon would sell the Pre, there has been a widespread view that sometime in 2010 Palm would expand distribution of the Pre beyond Sprint (S) to additional U.S. carriers, in particular Verizon.
    My Point EXACTLY: "people close to the discussions" HA!

All this is, is rumoured leaks designed to manipulate. Thestreet.com is a financial news web site.

Learn how the game is played!
    I left sprint for verizon a few years ago,once i realized how crippled my iden phone was,I came running back to sprint.Its funny,my chic just left them and got a lotus,and is amazed how much more she can do on her sprint phone,for free.So even the people that don't play inside they're phones os's,Sprint is still the better choice.I agree verizon would ruin the pre experience for everyone.As palm's time would become having to balance their product between a company thats happy being paid for phone service,which is what we should be paying for,and another company that wants your first born to put your own wallpaper on YOUR own gdam phone.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
    Why does Palm not try to go after AT&T if VZ does not want them. Yes I know CDMA/GSM but they are making a GSM version for overseas. AT&T is lacking on new phones right now with no Android nor Pre type phones. There is life after the iPhone.
    at&t can not handle the iPhone they need to beef up their network to handle what they have. From what I've read Palm will not put it on a network they feel will not handle it. Slow data networks could give the phone a poor image.
    There are several things that I can think of, some have been mentioned already on the speculations:
    • Trying to unify phone OSes to just two or three
    • Bringing the Pixi or a 2nd gen webOS future device
    • Indeed getting the iPhone
    • Have seen homebrew, determined the will of the people will most likely result in futile efforts to lock it down
    • RIM asked them not to otherwise won't develop Storm3 and Storm4
    • Would have to match plan offerings Sprint has in-place for the Pre, would make BigRed look stooopid trying to go toe-to-toe with Anything plan
    • ??
    People do not like verizon but they would have sold huge volume compared to sprint. You will not get a huge amount of people leaving for sprint. Especially if they get iPhone.

This will make more likely palm will get bought. Dell?

Analysts will definitely look at this as bad and start downgrading. Have they got their stock offering out yet?
    Verizon is such an arrogant company given their absolutely horrid phone selection. While it would have been nice to see Palm sell some more phones Verizon would have cripppled it anyway. Personally if and when the Iphone loses its exclusivity I would love it if Sprint swooped and and signed a CDMA exclusive (I would still keep my Pre). They have really been bringing it with signing exclusive's lately and Sprint didn't turn away Apple like Verizon did. I wonder if Apple still remembers that?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast