Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 124
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Bad news for Palm, but great new for Sprint!
    Palm said that verizon was never a partner.
  2. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #22  
    Exclusivity for a phone isn't good for its users or for the phone manufacturer. So I'm not sure how anyone can view this as a good thing. Especially considering that Sprint is still bleeding customers despite being the only place to buy a Pre.
  3. vicvon's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #23  
    I agree with all that is being said. Verizon will not sell a phone if they can't mess it up by breaking all the cool features. I wonder what they are going to do to the iphone?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by nowise View Post
    Actually the business model seems to be working pretty well for Verizon. If all you care about is a sweet new flip phone every year or 2, Verizon works pretty well for you too.

    Depends on who you talk to. Everyone knows the iphone was first pitched at VZ and they turned it down which could be considered one of the greatest blunders in cell phone history.
  5. nowise's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Depends on who you talk to. Everyone knows the iphone was first pitched at VZ and they turned it down which could be considered one of the greatest blunders in cell phone history.
    Touche', although I would like to see VZW market having the best network with a million iPhone users crushing it.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    attempt to spell = FAIL.. haha jk.
    Well that's what happens when you type on glass!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Depends on who you talk to. Everyone knows the iphone was first pitched at VZ and they turned it down which could be considered one of the greatest blunders in cell phone history.
    Kinda like passing on Michael Jordan and drafting Sam Bowie.

    Verizon = the Trailblazers of cell providers.
  8. #28  
    well as long as at&t picks it up i think Palm will do ok.

    Verizon has sucky phones anyway.
  9. #29  
    Well then this solidifies the main flagship devices for the main carriers now:

    ATT - iPhone
    Verizon - Blackberry (Storm etc)
    Sprint - Palm Pre
    Tmobile - Android

    However, Android devices will be on all the carriers eventually but I think above is what will be pushed most by the respective carriers....

    Overall I think this is bad for Palm because it locks them out from a major wireless market and bad for Verizon users because of lack of choice. Hopefully, Verizon will choose to pickup the Pixi though...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Kinda like passing on Michael Jordan and drafting Sam Bowie.

    Verizon = the Trailblazers of cell providers.

    big blazers fan here...ohhh it hurts.
  11. Modular's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #31  
    trust me guys, this rumor is complete bull****.
  12. #32  
    Let me guess Verizon wanted their app store on the Pre, Palm said no we want our App store on it, and that's how it went. Or Verizon was lieing and Hesse was telling the truth when he said they had the exclusivity for a while.
  13. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #33  
    I wish a heavy customer loss for Verizon.

    Haven't they learned something ?

    Idiots , they should have gotten that iPhone thing in the first place.
    What can you say ? With the FEMTO CELL taking over , they can't just keep bragging about how their signal works.

    They were directly responsible for ATT's success story.

    Good luck with that RIMM , track ball, Email and VCast.

    Verizon, can you hear me now ?
  14. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Well then this solidifies the main flagship devices for the main carriers now:

    ATT - iPhone
    Verizon - Blackberry (Storm etc)
    Sprint - Palm Pre
    Tmobile - Android

    However, Android devices will be on all the carriers eventually but I think above is what will be pushed most by the respective carriers....

    Overall I think this is bad for Palm because it locks them out from a major wireless market and bad for Verizon users because of lack of choice. Hopefully, Verizon will choose to pickup the Pixi though...
    This is Verizon's time to loose customers to ATT.
    I bet SPRINT would report minor gains in new customers in the next earnings call.
  15. smnc's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    If true, my guess is that Apple swooped in and paid VZ more than Sprint/Palm could and will carry the iphone instead.
    That would contradict the story claiming Verizon doesn't like the WebOS store, as the Apple iPhone store is even more tightly integrated.

    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Another reason I didn't like Verizon (left them to get the Pre), they just don't want customers to have a phone that we can actually control...
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Verizon just doesn't want to support yet another open platform, they love to lock down their phones to sell Verizon-only apps and will already have their hands full Verizon-izing the Android OS.
    Probably the main reason right here. Verizon hates phones that it can't control and brand all to hell and back.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Verizon would ruin the Pre and Palm won't allow that anyway...they are match made in hell. Palm should start talks with T-Mobile considering they might merge with Sprint anyway.
    I don't seriously believe the T-Mobile takeover of Verizon rumors. It wouldn't help T-Mobile at all.
    With the GSM Pre right around the corner, GSM parters in North America make sense. I think T-Mo is a good match for an American parter, as I can't see AT&T supporting the Pre in any meaningful way.
    Curiously enough, Bell Canada is about to launch their own UMTS network (in combination with Telus, our other CDMA carrier), so if the timing works, Bell could end up as Palm's partner for both versions in Canada...
  16. #36  
    I know many of you have mentioned that you will wait for the Pre to be on VZ but it looks like that may not happen...

    Verizon Reportedly Spurns The Palm Pre - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
  17. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #37  
    way to read existing threads!
  18. #38  
    sorry...didn't notice.
  19. NOLApre's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #39  
    not sure how any of you think this is a good thing.

    developers aren't going to go all out developing for a decently-selling phone on the last place carrier.

    not a big seller + exclusive to last place carrier = bad news for palm & pre.
  20. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #40  
    If PALM can play the game nice , they can make some money from international sales. But they need to be fast , I mean FAST.
    I want them to release the thing in 50 countries in couple of months.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions