1.    #1  
    I'm switching from one Pre to another, but there will be about a 1 month overlap with both phones active. Can they share the same Palm profile, so my contacts will be on both?
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 09/24/2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Poor grammar
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Nope. I had a new Pre and it said it would disable the old Pre when I login to the Palm profile on the new one.

So that being said... it will not load on 2 different Pre's apparently.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Sync your contacts to a Google / Gmail account. You can add this account to as many phones as you would like.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by seanb61 View Post
    Sync your contacts to a Google / Gmail account. You can add this account to as many phones as you would like.
    DUH! Why didn't I think of that? Seriously, thank you! Problem solved.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Yup sharing the same google account works for sharing contacts and calendar. You can't share the same palm profile becuase that would mean you could share/resotre the same purchased apps from the catalog even though only one license was purchased...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    You can't share the same palm profile becuase that would mean you could share/resotre the same purchased apps from the catalog even though only one license was purchased...

^^^Makes perfect sense

It worked beautifully. I love you guys! Makes putting up with the trolls worth while.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Yup sharing the same google account works for sharing contacts and calendar. You can't share the same palm profile becuase that would mean you could share/resotre the same purchased apps from the catalog even though only one license was purchased...
    This actually works? I thought every Pre has a unique serial id
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    This actually works? I thought every Pre has a unique serial id
    Google doesn't care about the Pre's ID. Yes every pre has a unique serial number and if you login to your Palm Profile you will see all the serial numbers that have been active on your Palm Profile.
    I think some applications might tie their license codes to the serial ID though. I think this is how Classic works...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #10  
    It does indeed work. Took about 4 minutes to update all my contact info after I loaded in my Gmail info.
    It's simply brilliant.

-Jack Handy, SNL-