Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    Just called plam, my new battery is on its way! Thanks you op
    Lucked out.. Somehow no supervisors available :S and she gave me the green light, new battery here in 3 days. Hope its better than my other one even though its a Korea cell origin already :P I compared my friends and mine, both Korea cell origin and his was a bit thicker :S..,So heres hoping
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    Lucked out.. Somehow no supervisors available :S and she gave me the green light, new battery here in 3 days. Hope its better than my other one even though its a Korea cell origin already :P I compared my friends and mine, both Korea cell origin and his was a bit thicker :S..,So heres hoping
    Glad to hear you got a replacement!
    I probably shouldnt have, but am glad I did XD REALLY hope the issue dissapears now
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Need to change your avatar to Soldier Field.

GO BEARS!

Yes!!! BEARS Go Home
    I know this thread is old but i must know if this number will still work and if it is US only cause i'm in Canada. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I know this thread is old but i must know if this number will still work and if it is US only cause i'm in Canada. Thanks
    There is only one way to find out.
    Just called and the answering machine told me to call back during business hours. So i decided to contact the online support where the guy told me that the problem is not the battery it is the hardware... w/e. I will go to Bell tomorrow and see if they can help me out -_-.
    I took my phone to a Sprint store. They took my launch day Pre battery (battery origin Japan) and gave me a new one (origin Korea). Guess what? Still getting the shut downs. But it only happens once in a long while when I forget to give it a firm push after plugging in the battery. So I gave up swapping batteries and lived with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Diako View Post
    Make sure your battery serial number starts with an "A" or else your up the creek.
    Elaborate?
    The S\N begins with an A on the battery. I got an OEM battery and the S/N begins with an A and sure enough, when I close my slider, the phone turns off. I am trying to get a replacement battery that does not start with the letter A
    Why not just solve your issue by cutting a not so important business card up and put it on top of the battery between it and the outer case.

I have a launch day Pre, this trick WORKS GREAT !!!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Why not just solve your issue by cutting a not so important business card up and put it on top of the battery between it and the outer case.

I have a launch day Pre, this trick WORKS GREAT !!!
    what about you pay 400 for a phone and you have to use some tricks to make it work ? i dont think so!
    My phone's battery is fine...it's my replacement battery I got from OEM Store that's the bad one.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I had that problem and took it to Verizon. They could not get it to do it in the store so they said I needed to do a Full Erase. Believe it or not, but that took care of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    what about you pay 400 for a phone and you have to use some tricks to make it work ? i dont think so!
    That is the same as buying a G1 that had memory issues, a blackberry with a ball mouse that needed to be cleaned every other day or even buying an iPhone that is locked down to a provider that gouges your wallet.

Except our issue is less a problem then any of those.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Can I do this even though my phone doesn't turn off, just to get a spare battery?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12