1.    #1  
    I thought this was an interesting study which shows the Pre as the best alternative to the iphone based on 3 factors smart, cool and productive.

Consumers see Palm Pre as best alternative to iPhone 3GS

The full study is here...
    http://podcasts.aolcdn.com/engadget/...martphones.pdf
    Funny because I don't consider the iphone as the best alternative to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    /agree!
    Also, looks like (according to this study) the Blackberry Storm is pretty darn close. Blech.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5.    #5  
    The Pre actually beats the iphone in 2 of the 3 factors
    smart and productive
    I love my pre and everything but turning this into a bashing the iphone thread is not really productive. Plus if the iphone was available on sprint I would be the first one to dump the pre and join the club.
    Preceless... a-hem! I mean priceless.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    As for me, even if iPhone is on Sprint I will still choose the Pre.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    You would miss out on all those potential "Hip" percentage points!
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Why does the analysis bear no relation to the numbers presented? The storm seems to factor as well as the pre and beats in two of the three metrics.

What's the research methodology? sample size? who paid for it to be conducted?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    if the pre had the 'media' abilities of the iphone, there would be no argument whatsoever in my opinion.
    soo many people forget the price difference, and that plays a major part for me.

I switched fro mthe Iphone and I save $40 a month with my pre.
    Thank you. Until the iphone gets true multi-tasking the Pre beats it by a mile imo. I just don't see myself ever going back to a phone without multi-tasking. I have also yet to see an iphone user (trust me I know plenty) consider the Pre a piece of crap. On the contrary they are very impressed and are very interested in it. The only iphone user's that I have seen that think it is crap are the one's on forums that have never even touched the Pre. It seems to me like the iphone is the best purely based on hype.

I know ever since the Pre came out (as well as before that even) I have read some incredibly biased articles from Wired and Engadget for example.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reazson View Post
    soo many people forget the price difference, and that plays a major part for me.

I switched fro mthe Iphone and I save $40 a month with my pre.
    Exactly. I switched from a Treo 680 on AT&T to the Pre on Sprint and I save somewhere around $30-35 a month on my monthly bill. That will pay for the price of the phone in less than a year. And I have been extremely impressed with Sprint's service and their customer service since I have come on board. I'm loving Sprint
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Why does the analysis bear no relation to the numbers presented? The storm seems to factor as well as the pre and beats in two of the three metrics.

What's the research methodology? sample size? who paid for it to be conducted?
    Also curious about his as well.