1.    #1  
    Due to a glitch with my Pre, Sprint had to send me a replacement. I now have the replacement, but I am not 100% sure about backing it up and moving my contacts over. That goes with everything else....

I am guessing I can just force a backup via the backup app and then restore my contacts the same way, but I want to insure 100% that my contacts get moved.

I know how to get my pics and such off, but is there anything else I can backup? Things like apps, I'm guessing just have to be reloaded, which should be fine as I figure that should somewhat clean things up a bit, just like a reformat on a PC. Is there anything else to worry about??

I am needing some infor fairly fast, as I want to switch phones as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Apps can be redownloaded, and most will be automatically put on when you rebackup...just not the homebrew ones.

Other then that, the backup is flawless in switching over...I have seen people do it and it was a piece of cake for them.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Your contacts should be saved on your Palm profile when it was backed up. Once you sign into your new phone and into your profile, it will automatically load your contacts back in. Same with any applications that you had. What it will not load are any tasks, photos, songs, etc.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  4.    #4  
    For right now, I hooked my phone to my PC in USB mode and am copying the entire folder there to a spot on my PC. I guess part of my question is what do I do with all of those files.... Should I copy and paste them to the new Pre or not?

I have:
    .app-storage
    .attachments
    .sysservice
    .wallpapers
    Classic Apps
    DCIM
    developer
    downloads
    PrePod
    ringtones
    virtual-keyboard
    wallpapers
    .VolumeIcons.icns
    migration.bak
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Your contacts should be saved on your Palm profile when it was backed up. Once you sign into your new phone and into your profile, it will automatically load your contacts back in. Same with any applications that you had. What it will not load are any tasks, photos, songs, etc.
    Thanks for the quick replies...

I guess another part of my concern is that I enter the same profile info, or is that something SPRINT assigned? I remember entering my email, when I got the new phone and a password. I did this in the store and hope I remember the password now. I am guessing that is important. I will look for that in my phone, but just in case I can't find it, is that something easy to check?

Thanks again. I am starting to figure this phone out, but it is my 1st smart phone.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, one more question.

Is it possible to delete everything off of my phone AFTER activating the new phone? Or should I do it before?
    I highly do not recommend you copying and pasting your files from old pre to new one. Somethin about that process will screw up your new phone. Thoug I am not sure it will I rather not dump info on a different serial pre. you can back up the photos to copy them to the new phone, and also music if you have. But not any other files. Now I would run the backup app and then call sprint to tell them you got your replacement pre and to change the ESN on your account from old pre to new one. Then turn on the new pre, put in the info for the palm profile and all the contacts and apps should load after a couple mins. The old pre will become unusable and so unless you activate it again no one will be able to acces the phone. This should get you up and runnin